• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Dungeon Disappointment (spoiler)

Anyone else disappointed about the amount of dungeons in the game. I would have loved 9 dungeons with a mini boss and boss and a special item in them. After finding out just four dungeons five with hyrule castle I felt the game leaving a lot to be desired and wanted more.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I would have enjoyed more dungeons, but I'm still against the idea of inserting a key item into the dungeon that all the puzzles and enemies in the dungeon center around. It kills the variety and the mystery of the dungeon.

Yeah, I was disappointed as well. Hyrule Castle is a fantastic dungeon, but the divine beasts were all too short for my tastes and started to blend together for me in memory. I hope we get as many full size dungeons as OoT or TP in the inevitable sequel or prequel.

No.

I dislike dungeons in Zelda so honestly even just having four annoyed me, we could have done without Naboris, which was totally the worst one.

BotW is a very different Zelda, wanting exactly the kind of dungeons we always used to have with key items would have betrayed the core design of the game.

Why on earth would you stick with the series so long when the majority of the games are dungeons, ever since the original?

Because I love the characters, the stories, the lore, the worlds, the items, the gameplay, the music and the art styles.

I was playing Zelda long before I understood the concept of video games. I'd listen to the music and wonder why the screen would change sometimes when the little man sometimes moved.

LoZ and AoL got me through years of abuse long before I knew what they were.

Years later ALttP would change my life and introduce me to video games as a story telling medium when I realised that it was part of the series of games that had helped me through so much.

So I kept playing, wanting to meet more characters and learn about the ever changing world I'd spent my earliest years in and now I cant bring myself to put the series down, no matter how crap it gets or how many dungeons it makes me do.

I definitely missed the traditional dungeon. When I look back on my Zelda experience, a huge part of my memories entail working through dungeons with friends and the feeling of triumph after beating the daunting boss, who was often a puzzle itself, at the end. IMO, none of the "puzzles" in BoTW were memorable in comparison to the traditional dungeons let alone gave me sense of accomplishment. Additionally, I think the traditional approach added depth and mystery to the world that for me felt greatly missing in BoTW.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Honestly the Divine Beasts in BOTW were a dissapointment but not in the way i think your thinking Tilinis, i did prefer the traditional dungeon layouts i do enjoy the dynamics of the new dungeon and how you actually had to change the divine beasts, position/shape/location/angle to open new ways through them i do wish they had been significantly longer could you imagine a free floating section in Medoh? but for a first....conceptualization of dynamic dungeons they weren't bad in themselves it was the bosses who were the let down, it was literally nintendos eye fetish all over, Just shoot the blight in the eye for a win......as it is in every game. They'd done so well with making these dungeons and then made crappy boss' almost as if they didn't care. And seriously what is with nintendo and eyeballs?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh yeah I would have loved 4 more dungeons. But I also like how you can control the Divine Beast. This makes it easier to reach certain levels and get to treasure chests. But I would have loved a couple more traditional Dungeons

Missed the part about the dungeon item in my earlier reply. I think that would have broken what BotW is all about. The central theme of BotW is freedom. You can traverse the world and solve puzzles in any way you want. Giving all the runes to the player at the start of the game and allowing creative uses of each one, sometimes unintended, in the shrines and Divine Beasts made sense for the game BotW was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom