• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda Dungeon 2 Spare Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
I have an extra left over from beating dungeon 2.

Is this normal? Did I need to use it somewhere and didn't?

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
In the original LoZ, there are a lot of quasi-spare keys which you don't need to use to get through the dungeon (that is including the dungeon item(s) of course). IIRC you could already have had spare keys from the first dungeon.
So there's nothing wrong with having spare keys, but you could still have missed the dungeon item and beaten the boss however, this was possible in the first Zeldas (I think up to aLttP where you could forget the Moon Pearl).

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
You can actually work it out where you have TONS of spare keys after the first dungeon (Quest 1)! There are a lot of bombable walls in the first dungeon and you can bypass all the locked doors without using very many or (i think) not even a single one. I usually end up with 4 or 5 keys going into the second dungeon and you can pretty much use the same strategy there too.

So no this is normal for the original Zelda.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Yea, this is normal, as when you have completed all the dungeons, you will have about 5 spare keys. This is also better, because when the dungeons get harder, you don't have to go looking for keys!

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Yes, it's normal for this to happen cause I tend to have some spare keys left over when I go through dungeons in LoZ. Like others have said here, it gets very handy to have these later when you're going through stronger dungeons and can't seem to find any keys in the place.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
The keys in Legend of Zelda, unlike the other Zeldas, are universal. You can buy them in shops scattered through Hyrule, or you can simply find them in a dungeon by killing an enemy or solving a puzzle. Unless you get the Lion key, this is how you can get by the harder dungeons, even though you get the Lion key very late into the game.

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
The keys in Legend of Zelda, unlike the other Zeldas, are universal. You can buy them in shops scattered through Hyrule, or you can simply find them in a dungeon by killing an enemy or solving a puzzle. Unless you get the Lion key, this is how you can get by the harder dungeons, even though you get the Lion key very late into the game.

*Skeleton Key

Keys in The Legend of Zelda carry over from dungeon to dungeon. I guess one key fits all in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom