• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dumb comments you often see or hear

Jokes aside the ones that irk me the most are wrongly attributed quotes, absurd anecdotes, and straight up fake information/lack of basic competences.
Zelda is the boy that you play as in the titular franchise.

"I got over my saddness/depression by just choosing to be happy"
I get over my saddness/depression by just choosing to play Zelda.

one that I'm so tired of seeing is "am I the only one who..."
Am I the only one who hates Hughes Net?

One that I don't like is "content creator" "content" and such to describe videos uploaded. There's a specific term for it, and it's videos!
Technically videos are content.

One thing that kind of irks me
"How bout you start acting normal" or "Can you be normal for once?"
Like everyone has their own since of normal. A more reasonable phrasing would be "Can you be mature for a change?"

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I hate it when people say " yes I know it's your opinion but it's wrong". No, it's not wrong because it's not a fact but a goddamn opinion!!

Another o e is in a cross stitch group on FB. The group is great but sometimes people ask such stupid questions. A lady posted a pic about her latest kit she was working on. A full description how big it's going to be. 60x40cm. The question: How big is it going to be? Yes, I know 60x40 but what's the size? :fpalm::fpalm::fpalm::fpalm::fpalm:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
One that always drives me crazy and I see in a lot of circles is "_______ isn't real art." Like people who will say you're not really making art because you work in a digital medium or you don't draw original characters. Like, art is art. It's so narrow minded and it annoys me because they're just not acknowledging the fact that someone put real work into it.
Yeah this one hits hard, I had so many people tell me this when I was younger, and it definitely played a part in the snowballing that made me give up on art when I was like 16 or 17. I would still sketch and doodle in years after, but I no longer had any ambition and stopped caring about improving.

I'm certain a lot of artists have similar stories. Telling people what they are making isn't real art is so, so harmful despite the person saying it thinking they are being helpful. The fact is there is no one style that is "real art" or "proper art". I really wish this saying would go away forever.

Any time I go on Quora for the sheer purpose of entertainment. I see a lot of dumb questions on there, one question was, "I'm bored with my wife. What should I do?"

One particular comment that truly sets me aflame, however, is "this movie is garbage." All preference is subjective but a lot of people behave as though their opinions are gospel. I hate that.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
"Is this amp, pickup, guitar, or whatever good for metal?"

I know they're newbies, but with guitar equipment, there's no such thing as a guitar being made for a particular style of music.

That's because the guitar is a versatile instrument, you can play whatever you want on it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
"Yeah, that's tough but there are people who have a much tougher time."
Yes, I know this. But does this mean I can't be mad or upset about something bad happening to me or my beloved ones? So when I get fired and can't pay the bills anymore or get kicked out of my house I shouldn't complain because there are people who have it worse than me???
Of course there are! But when something bad happens I definitely NOT going to think that and smile! Hell no!

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
During versus debates, I really don't like it when the OP of the versus debate says something like, "speed equalized," or other such.

The issue with that is if you have to nerf a character's actual feats to make the fight seem more fair, then it's clear who the winner is.

Like, in a thread about who would win between Thanos from MCU or the Primarch Vulkan from Warhammer 40K, the OP said "Speed equalized."

Why did he do this? I suspect it's because Primarchs have some absolutely ludicrous feats from combat, battle tactics, strength, durability, and speed, so nerfing Vulkan's speed made the fight between the two more fair.

But, like I said, if you're nerfing an aspect of a character's feats, it's clear who wins. Vulkan blitzes Thanos, and the only outcome I can see for Thanos winning is using the Infinity Gauntlet, but even then, Primarchs have some insane feats.

Another thing I hate in versus battles is when you have multiple versions of a character and someone uses a composite version of that character without telling anyone what version of that character they're using.

Like say if we're going to debate Superman vs. Goku, then it literally depends on which version of Superman we're talking about, and what version of Goku we're talking about.

Another thing in versus battles that bothers me is when people say, "They'd work together!" but show no knowledge of the characters' personality or backstory, and in arguing this, we're missing the point of a versus battle. It's to use in-canon characters in a hypothetical fight to the death to see who would win.

Now, of course, in a different scenario, some characters would indeed work together, but in the case of Thanos vs. Vulkan, the two would engage in a fight to the death, because it'd be in character for both.

In Vulkan's case, considering that self-sacrifice to save the Emperor's subjects, no matter what (humanity and Imperial citizens) is part of the Promethean Creed, and considering the Imperium's view on xenos, Vulkan, being loyal to the Emperor, would see Thanos as a crazed xenos that aims to exterminate humanity which is all the reason he needs to engage Thanos in combat.

But the most egregious thing I've seen in versus battles is people giving characters feats that were never established in the actual canon. Sure, we can all make up a character that can beat everything, but the point of a versus battle is not to use fanon versions of characters, it's to use the canon characters in a hypothetical duel to the death. So, obviously, to determine a winner, research needs to be conducted on that character from reliable sources.

Reactions: Dio
During versus debates, I really don't like it when the OP of the versus debate says something like, "speed equalized," or other such.

The issue with that is if you have to nerf a character's actual feats to make the fight seem more fair, then it's clear who the winner is.

Like, in a thread about who would win between Thanos from MCU or the Primarch Vulkan from Warhammer 40K, the OP said "Speed equalized."

Why did he do this? I suspect it's because Primarchs have some absolutely ludicrous feats from combat, battle tactics, strength, durability, and speed, so nerfing Vulkan's speed made the fight between the two more fair.

But, like I said, if you're nerfing an aspect of a character's feats, it's clear who wins. Vulkan blitzes Thanos, and the only outcome I can see for Thanos winning is using the Infinity Gauntlet, but even then, Primarchs have some insane feats.

Another thing I hate in versus battles is when you have multiple versions of a character and someone uses a composite version of that character without telling anyone what version of that character they're using.

Like say if we're going to debate Superman vs. Goku, then it literally depends on which version of Superman we're talking about, and what version of Goku we're talking about.

Another thing in versus battles that bothers me is when people say, "They'd work together!" but show no knowledge of the characters' personality or backstory, and in arguing this, we're missing the point of a versus battle. It's to use in-canon characters in a hypothetical fight to the death to see who would win.

Now, of course, in a different scenario, some characters would indeed work together, but in the case of Thanos vs. Vulkan, the two would engage in a fight to the death, because it'd be in character for both.

In Vulkan's case, considering that self-sacrifice to save the Emperor's subjects, no matter what (humanity and Imperial citizens) is part of the Promethean Creed, and considering the Imperium's view on xenos, Vulkan, being loyal to the Emperor, would see Thanos as a crazed xenos that aims to exterminate humanity which is all the reason he needs to engage Thanos in combat.

But the most egregious thing I've seen in versus battles is people giving characters feats that were never established in the actual canon. Sure, we can all make up a character that can beat everything, but the point of a versus battle is not to use fanon versions of characters, it's to use the canon characters in a hypothetical duel to the death. So, obviously, to determine a winner, research needs to be conducted on that character from reliable sources.

I see this in every Batman vs. Superman debate. Oh, Batman can beat Superman if he has kryptonite and wears his Hell-Bat armour and if we give him prep time. So, I agree. If you have to handicap a character in order for another to win, then it's clear that Batman would always lose in a serious fight against Superman.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I see this in every Batman vs. Superman debate. Oh, Batman can beat Superman if he has kryptonite and wears his Hell-Bat armour and if we give him prep time. So, I agree. If you have to handicap a character in order for another to win, then it's clear that Batman would always lose in a serious fight against Superman.
but when they fought batman won

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
getting thread back on topic - whats happened?! to some thing where theres reminders or youre not paying attention....

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
oh at work on the tills - theres no till closed sign, im stood there waiting 'are you free???' ' how much is it???' oh and wheres your bread!? theres a freaking MASSIVE sign over the bread!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom