• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

"Duh" Moments in Zelda

In Skyward Sword, I was at the Lanayru Harbor. I saw the boat you need in order to sail on the Sand Sea. I spent 20 minutes trying to find the Timeshift stone to activate it before I realized it was on the boat...

for the skyview temple in SS, the stone tablet said to "look to the star that the bird from the sky gazes at, and aim your shot there." i thought you were supposed to go to the bird statue and shoot at the sun with your slingshot. needless to say, i was stuck at the entrance for a good hour.

Oh my gosh! I hated that part. I thought it was talking about the bird statue! It was so irritating!

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
Ok, this is really depressing. Once I when I was in the Skyview Temple, I went into a room with a chest that was locked down by two eyeballs,
so I went in front of one, and started to make my sword go around and around and around.
But for some reason, the eyeball wouldn't die. I did it for about 3 hours until I got sick of it and started to run around the room still waving my sword in circles,
than out of the blue, I saw both of the eyeballs die, and than it hit me, "Oh, so your supposed to go in front of BOTH of the eyeballs?" After that, I was ready to hit myself.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Ok, this is really depressing. Once I when I was in the Skyview Temple, I went into a room with a chest that was locked down by two eyeballs,
so I went in front of one, and started to make my sword go around and around and around.
But for some reason, the eyeball wouldn't die. I did it for about 3 hours until I got sick of it and started to run around the room still waving my sword in circles,
than out of the blue, I saw both of the eyeballs die, and than it hit me, "Oh, so your supposed to go in front of BOTH of the eyeballs?" After that, I was ready to hit myself.
Cool story bro *shot*

No really that was epic.

R

RetroStalfos

My most remembered duh moment was in the forest temple in OOT. I was stuck on the last floor of the dungeon for several days. I couldn't figure out how to reach the boss door. My friend eventually told me I had to push on those walls sticking out to rotate the room around.

GoldenGengle64

A v ^ A v ^
YES! I spent at least an hour trying to figure out how to reach a door in the Palace of Twilight (Twilight Princess), when I realized I was trying to get to the door that I originally came through!

I, for some stupid asinine reason, didn't hit Bongo-Bongo in the eye after he was stunned, and wondered why he wouldn't die...
Oh, and in TP, the Gamecube version, at least, when you go to do the Back Slice, it took me FOREVER to do it each time, until I FINALLY realized that you have to double tap. -________-

B

Blindateight

My first encounter with a Beamos in Skyward Sword... i had no idea what to do.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
One of my duh moments came from replaying the Master Quest version of Dodongo's Cavern. The things I had to do were practically sitting in my face -- simply revisit the main room to gain further entrance into the dungeon -- but I somehow insisted to myself that there were some outside, unknown switches that I just didn't reach yet. Turns out I was thinking of DC original. >_<

Jetaluski7

Master Swordsman
At the beginning of SS, I couldn't find the professor to tell him about my missing loftwing. It took me about an hour to figure out it was the guy who told me to get the cat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom