• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spirit Tracks Duets

I'm replaying ST right now, and, sort of surprisingly, my favorite parts are the duets when you have to play the Spirit Pipe with each of the various Lokomos. They're fun, sort of challenging, and satisfying to complete. My only issue is that you only get to do it on a handful of occasions, and after completing them, you can't go back and do them again. I really wish there was a mini-game or something that would have you playing much harder duets later on in the game: I would have enjoyed that immensely. Or even just being able to do the necessary ones over again: you could fight the bosses over whenever you want (courtesy of a mini-game) so why not this?

So what did you think about the duets? Fun, enjoyable challenges? Too easy? Boring and tedious?

Retsdob

Retsdob
I found them pretty simple, though it's a lot more difficult than previous instruments seen in Zelda. I'll have to agree with you that it would be cool to have a mini game with them though. I really enjoyed them.

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
i LOVE the duets. i memorized each of them so i could play them again (if i get lucky, that annoying song of awakening wont play while im playing them...) but i hate having to start a new file just to play them again.so i do think there should be a mini game to play them again.
(i memorized all the lokomos names too lol)

Nicole

luke is my wife
I actually really liked them. In my opinion, the music played was really beautiful, and I love the way the two instruments would come together in the duet. It was quite beautiful. :3

I didn't really find them challenging at all, either. Only one was, I believe it was the one with Steam. I don't really recall the Lokomos' names, though. I also thought it was pretty cool to have a duet for every realm. I thought it was pretty neat alltogether, and was a nice addition to the games, and a decent use of the mic.

David

But you called me here...
The duets were probably my favorite part of the game. I'm not a huge fan of Spirit Tracks, to be honest. I really enjoyed the Spirit Flute though. It was a really enjoyable aspect of the game. The songs were also catchy and well worth the pain I endured through out the game. And the duets were a really fun twist to the musical instrument part of Zelda that we've come accustomed to.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
: you could fight the bosses over whenever you want (courtesy of a mini-game) so why not this?

You actually can fight the bosses again via the Take 'em On! game in Castle Town. You can fight all of the temple bosses again, with the appreciated addition of Dark Toon Link at the end of the third and final gate.

As for the Lokomo Duets, they need to be my favorite part of the games, too. I really think that they added depth to the game, and I don't regret their appearance in the slightest.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I loved the Lokomo Duets. ^^ The music-playing aspects have always been something I loved about the Zelda series, and although it's a simple gameplay aspect compared to the greater adventuring you go about for most of the game, its still a calm, peaceful moment where you produce beautiful music and really get sort of a unique feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom