• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ducktales! Woo-oo!

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Who remembers Ducktales? Congratulations!! You're getting old!

So Disnich in their infinite wisdom and mercy provided the first episode of the new Ducktales on Youtube for us lowly plebs to enjoy. Anyone else seen it?

I think it's pretty fun. I dig the new theme song. It's like the old theme song only also good! And David Tennant as Scrooge McDuck!! Who asked for this??? Whoever it is, give em a cookie!!

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I watched it as soon as it was uploaded. I really like it since it's closer to the comics than the old Ducktales. The theme song is better, not to mention it's in HD!

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I loved the episode. I haven't seen the old Duck Tales in probably 15 years, but this was enjoyable. Donald was good, I don't hate the triplet's voices, and there were two very Scottish ducks, which I approve of.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I'm going to burn this into my memory and remember to watch it tomorrow! I loved duck tales growing up and even had some of them on video (lol video)

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
I am a huge fan of Ducktales and all of the other Disney Afternoon shows, and I got super excited once I saw the trailer for the reboot! The new theme song is awesome, and I like how the triplets are each more unique than in the old show. Also, Scrooge McDuck is one of my favorite Disney characters ever, and I think David Tennant nails the voice and personality of the Scottish duck.

Who remembers Ducktales? Congratulations!! You're getting old!

Teenager here, and I actually grew up with Ducktales, Talespin, and the old Mickey Mouse cartoons (my mom got them on DVD). So I guess I'm not really "getting old," but yes, I still feel some nostalgia for the series and the other stuff I grew up with when I see what today's kids are growing up with.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I remember I used to watch Ducktales but about all I remember about it is that I really liked it. lol. So of course there's a bit of nostalgia there for it. I really liked this one too. Tenant does the part well and I also liked the triplet's distinctive personalities. And the theme song is a good rendition. It feels kinda low energy, but I like the musical tricks they tied into the visuals and the overall upbeat tune. It really feels like it's getting you ready for the adventure to come!

The visuals are simple but expressive. They more than get the job done without feeling messy.

The humor was pretty spot on and surprising. I never saw a joke coming and they weren't all simple cracks only kids could get a titter at. I like the pelican pilot. Whatsisname. I find the easy-going well-natured simple-minded dude-bro archetype funny.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
I saw the title of this thread and instantly knew I had to speak here.

I've gotta say that the first episode was fun. It knew what it was doing and always just kept the ball rolling. I really like that Donald both was, and is definitely going to continue to be, such a big part of the episode. I love that they're really doing something with him this time, and I just adore overprotective-dad-Donald.
The triplets getting their own personalities is a big plus, since I've always hated how you could just switch their hats and shirts around and never tell the difference.
Webby is actually a character who I was pleasantly surprised by. She was honestly looking like she was just going to be another Mabel Pines, and while I love Mabel, I would've wanted Webby to be her own thing. So I'm really glad that she turned out different to what the trailers made her look like.

The part that actually really got me excited was the casual mention of Spoonerville in the episode. I'm absolutely in love with A Goofy Movie, as you may be able to tell from the avatar, and I also loved Goof Troop, so if this is some kind of hint towards an upcoming Goof Troop reboot, I'm behind it all the way.
Oh, and Darkwing is cool too I guess. (Also, just gonna say, they were actually flying over St. Canard in the latest trailer. I'm just saiyan.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom