• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Duck...Duck...

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
GROOSE!

Okay lame pun. But anyway, what do you guys think of him? I thought he was a flaming arsehole at first, and figured he would stay that way for the entire game. But as we all know, he didn't, and I got a chuckle out of him when he followed Link down to the surface. The way Link gave him the stinkeye when he wanted to call the place Grooseland...priceless. His catapult was awesome too. I guess he figured out that the surface already had a name, and had to settle for naming a weapon after himself xD Then at the end of the game, right before the final battles, he sees Zelda and tears up. Yay for character development.

And speaking of priceless, did anyone else notice Pipit's awkward face when Link catches him yelling at his mom for hiring a housekeeper? I daaawwwed and cracked up at the same time. Figured that didnt deserve its own topic...

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
Duck... duck.... tacos.

Yes, Groose SERIOUSLY pissed me off at the beginning of the game. But I'll admit, that scene were Groose follows Link down to the surface... priceless. c:

Towards when Groose started being helpful, I liked him a bit. It wasn't until mid-end where I started to like him as a good character.

Oh yes, I was doing a totally different quest when Pipit and his mom were having an argument. I told him I didn't hear them fighting... because I like being the good guy no matter where I am >.> .... unless it involves my own characters... buuuuuut that's a different story.

All and all. I liked the characters in SS. Pipit, Groose, Impa, and of course ZELDA. Were all really great. I look forward to whatever Zelda game the big N has in store next c:

Dragoncat

Lol, I told him I heard it. He got all mad: "You're not exactly perfect either, Mr. Eavesdropper!" Then he gave me the awkward face again when I found him patrolling by the academy. He's awesome.

Sounds like you both have Zelda OCs...AND like Fire Emblem too! *high fives*

One thing I forgot to add: a friend on another site thinks Groose started the bloodline of the gerudos o_0

Ahhh... I loved Groose. :lol: Then again, I always love the slightly dumb, large anti-heroes.

In the beginning, I found his interactions with Zelda really entertaining. The term "slickest pompadour in town" has definitely wormed its way into my daily vernacular. ^^ I was delighted to see him progress throughout the story alongside Link, and ultimately play a vital role in the defeat of Demise. It's clear from the way he built the Groosinator that he obviously has a great deal of technical skill, even if he may not be so slick with a sword. Overall, I was really pleased with the multidimensional route that his character took - it's often all too easy to create a bully/comic relief character and have them be completely two dimensional. :)

I didn't care for him at the beginning of the game, but he kind of grew on me by the end :P

i wanted to strangle him at the beginning of the game. all throughout the middle of the game i didn't hate him, but he did annoy me. it wasnt until the very end that i thought "i guess he's alright."

Dragoncat

Overall, I was really pleased with the multidimensional route that his character took - it's often all too easy to create a bully/comic relief character and have them be completely two dimensional. :)
This.

Lol, at the beginning of the game, I wished I could go egg his room or feed him exlax brownies and put a snapping turtle in the toilet. He wouldn't be lusting after Zelda after that...yeah, I hated his guts. Big time...

He is definitely one of Nintendo's best characters ever. One of the best characters in gaming ever. At first, he reminded my a ton of Biff from Back to the Future. But the way his character develops is just pure magic. Magic. :)

When I was first playing Skyward Sword I heard from other fans that they loved Groose. When I met him at first in the game I hated him and did not understand why people wanted to have side games with Groose. Or even name their character Groose. I grew into him later on and his character really developed well.

385829_2681515527951_1558227736_32633405_350253147_n.jpg

Part of me wants to say I liked Groose better at the beginning. I don't know. Not to sound like a hater, but I think Link needs to be brought down more often. It's too funny~ I think the best scene with Groose was obviously when he first arrived on the surface... and named it Grooseland. Tiny birds? On my Pompadour?! No waii... He's kind of like Linebeck in a way. Both developed more throughout the story--but as they got less jerkish, they also got less funny. Not a problem, I don't think, but I liked Groose's crude side. Simply because his pride stood as tall as his pompadour. And that made him all the funnier.

Sort of related: If you guys are into Groose, you'd probably enjoy this tumblr. Fills my little heart with glee. :lol:

Also. Groose and Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. Distant cousins?

I didn't like him until he stated that he had the slickest pompadour in Skyloft, that made me laugh. I was laughing really hard when he chases after you while your going to the Faron woods right before the imprisoned battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom