• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Dual Wielding in Legend of Zelda

Personally, I think that would be great for the series. Zelda needs more RPG elements. we got a bit of that in Skyward Sword. but I really want a Zelda game where all the weapons, at least swords, shields, and the like, are balanced. Do away with the ultimate weapon, and make the player choose between different kinds of strengths and weaknesses. It allows for more individuality in the player's fighting style and would add an interesting element to the series.

I condemn this option. Halo: Combat Evolved was one my favorite games of all time and the increased emphasis on dual wielding in Halo 2 definitely soured my attitude towards the otherwise fantastic sequel.

Also, an upgrade system as introduced in Skyward Sword is a much better alternative to this idea. As they say, quality over quantity. ;)

I would love this. Any time I'm given the choice to dual wield, I almost always go for it. Been doing it for as long as I can remember. My rogue and warriors in Everquest, Everquest 2, World of Warcraft, Runes of Magic, Perfect World with the recent Assassin class, Final Fantasies with job systems. I love it because it's always super high damage, and very stylish.

I do think it's a nice idea if you can choose if you want to use it or not.
But in Zelda games you're rather bound in what way to battle enemies. You find the dungeon item and you use it for certain type of enemies, usually you use your sword for everybody else.
I would like it if you had more options to choose from. I don't want a full grown RPG where I can choose from 200 different swords and axes and bows and whatever.
Just a tiny bit more individuality on how I can approach the game would be great and dual wielding could be a good opportunity for that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom