• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

DSi Downloads

As many people know the DSi will offer something similar to the wii's virtual console. Only for past handheld games. Do any of you think that it would be a possibility to have the Oracle games and Link's awakening up for download?
I think it would be a good possibility and could make some money for Nintendo.

Your thoughts?

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I certainly hope that they do. So far the Oracle games have only been released on the GameBoy Color, so it would be nice to be able to download them on the DSI.

A

Ando

I hope they DON'T. At least not yet. I have no easy way that I know of to get Nintendo Points to use for the DSi. D: Once I can by some points, though, heck yeah. :P Does anyone know of any easy way to snag some points? No importers I know of carry the cards, and I'm not sure that we could use one of my parents' credit cards.

Technically, though, Nintendo never said anything about releasing older games on DSiWare - that was speculation started by other people. It's entirely possible that they will, mind you; I'm just saying that Nintendo hasn't said anything about it. If they do, though, I'd love to see the previous Zelda handheld games (preferrably beefed-up with extras and such), and maybe some other stuff like some classic Kirby or Wario Land or something. If they could get the same sort of thing going like they've got with the Wii (weekly WiiWare and Virtual Console updates), the DSi downloads would be epic.

That would be kool, but the lack of a GBA input pretty much turns me away from the DSi. I might buy it if they did have the download service and have old handheld titles to be released, as long as the DSi came with enough memory and the titles didn't cost too much. Also, if the wireless would work for the older Gameboy titles, like Pokemon or Tetris.

A

Ando

Actually, Majora's Mask has been on the VC for a while now. I'm not sure how long though.

I don't believe you. You're lying. D:< I searched "Zelda" on the VC just now and all that came up were Zeldas I, II, III, and V. No Majora's Mask whatsoever. I'm not even sure that it's out in any other country. But hey, I could be horribly wrong. (but it's liek my favorite game ever so i pretty much keep up with all of the news about it, y'know?!)

Actually, with the DSi's increased RAM, it might be possible that it could play Majora's Mask through a DSi download. :O That would be so cool but you'd probably need a separate SD card storage in order to hold it. I don't know exactly how much on-board storage the DSi has (though I've heard reports of 256M:cool:, but I know that it equals ~930 "blocks", and the DSi Browser takes up a whole frikkin' 80 blocks. So if just the browser takes up that much, how much would a game take up?!

Guess we'll find out when WarioWare comes out. :D :D :D

It's ok. I am sure that it will be released soon. If not there is only one excuse. (I'm not gonna say it cause I don't want to spam up my thread.)

Chris

It has been awhile...
Hmm...I would say that it would not be too smart to do that.

It was not a very popular game amongst the players, so it would not ne a good game to download. Alttp would be a great game to be able to download because it has such a great plot, and would last a long time. I am not sure about the Oracle games because I have never actually played them.

Z

ZeroJinKui

I hope they DON'T. At least not yet. I have no easy way that I know of to get Nintendo Points to use for the DSi. D: Once I can by some points, though, heck yeah. :P Does anyone know of any easy way to snag some points? No importers I know of carry the cards, and I'm not sure that we could use one of my parents' credit cards.

Technically, though, Nintendo never said anything about releasing older games on DSiWare - that was speculation started by other people. It's entirely possible that they will, mind you; I'm just saying that Nintendo hasn't said anything about it. If they do, though, I'd love to see the previous Zelda handheld games (preferrably beefed-up with extras and such), and maybe some other stuff like some classic Kirby or Wario Land or something. If they could get the same sort of thing going like they've got with the Wii (weekly WiiWare and Virtual Console updates), the DSi downloads would be epic.

didnt they say that people who buy the DSi will receive 1000 points to start off with? im sure i read that somewhere...

if thats true, you'd be able to get them right away most likely.

A

Ando

Yeah, I already got my 1000 points. The problem, though, is that they haven't announced any form of virtual console at all. So I went ahead and took the safe route of downloading WarioWare and AQUARIO. =D
Credit cards can be used to obtain points straight to the actual DSi itself, but I'm not sure if there are regional issues with this. I'll see if I can get my dad to let me snag 1000 points or so with his card, though, and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom