• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern DS and ST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Now that the 3DS is out, and Nintendo DS' are going to drop, should I buy a DS and Spirit Tracks? I really want a portable Zelda game but I can't afford the 3DS right now, what should I do??? :O

Nicole

luke is my wife
Don't buy a whole new DS. I suggest you do your best to make money for a 3DS. It wouldn't be worth it to buy a new DS, and THEN buy a 3DS, trust me. You'd lose money on that deal. You'll either have to wait, and try to make money faster; or get it now and lose money.

3DS's are about $250 by themselves, and a DS Lite is probably around $100-$120. However, a trade-in for that DS Lite is only $50. You'd lose money on that. If I were you, I'd do some extra chores for your parents to earn money, or sell some games you don't play, etc. I'd personally try and wait it out, but that's just me. :)

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
But I only really want Spirit Tracks, I'm not looking for a handheld...
I'm asking if a DS is worth it just for ST?

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
I agree with Soldier of Link. If you buy a DS, you'll lose money. Follow his advice, sell some games you don't play anymore. Lol, I just sold 4 Pokemon games and completely preordered and payed off Skyward Sword. But, back on the topic, yeah, just sell games that you don't play anymore.

But he wants to play ST. Actually I wondered, is 3DS backwards compatible? Can you play ST on it as well?
I would like to eventually do the same thing to play PH and ST eventually. I hardly have the money now though, and I like all the games I have so that isn't an option lol.

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
humm..... this seems like a hard decision....
but i sorta hate to tell you....i think you should wait.because once you buy the DS, you cant buy the 3DS.its like having two of the same things, exept one is better than the other...

Nicole

luke is my wife
The 3DS is certainly backwards compatible. I own a 3DS, so I know for sure. To answer your question: In my honest opinion, I don't think ST is worth buying a new DS over. I suggest you wait it out a buy a 3DS when you get the chance. But that's just me.

You can play ST on the 3DS, just so you know.

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
Does any of you're friends have a DS you can borrow? ST is a relatively short game, you could probably beat it in 5 days or less.

But I only really want Spirit Tracks, I'm not looking for a handheld...
I'm asking if a DS is worth it just for ST?

No. Never. A DS was worth it, but now it's very redundant. Everything the DS could do, the 3DS still can do, and more. Also, the DS is definitely NOT worth it just for ST. ST is among the worst games in the DS's library. I agree, I'd save your money and hold off until you can afford the 3DS.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well, regardless of whether or not you'll like the game, getting a soon-to-be outdated system just for one game when you plan is definately NOT a good idea. The 3DS is fully backwards compatible (the only downside being that either you'll have to play with a super small screen or reduced quality), so yeah, you should definately wait until you can afford a 3DS to get ST.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
NO

First buy the 3DS, do some extra work to earn the money.
The 3DS can play all previous DS games so if you have the 3DS you can play Spirit Tracks,
If you buy the DS $100 plus the game $50 = $150, then you throw away your DS and buy the 3DS thats $250 = $400
But if you get the 3DS and ST its $300, it would take longer but you save $100

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Ok, so Spirit Tracks isn't worth getting a DS. Thanks everybody :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom