• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dreams

My dreams usually consist of nonsensical leaps in conclusions and thoughts, often involving stupid, or incoherent bits of perception. I often dream about quite strange, even disturbing things.
I've had dreams that have ranged from Nuclear Tests to flying; as in literally flying through the air. Usually my dreams consist of more malevolent and sinister subject-matter, but sometimes I'll have ones that are just stupid.
For instance, I once dreamed of inhabitant objects arguing, things like that.

More recently, or at least somewhat recently, I've had some dreams that have left me a bit freaked out.
I recently had a dream of some sort of "UFO" that kept passing around this house I was at, yet, for some reason in the dream it seemed like something so frightening, moreover, it suddenly seemed closer, and went through a metamorphosis that left it looking like a distant Mars.

One dream, more a nightmare, that I had really left me 'freaked out', was one involving a sort of 'doomsday' event. I was outside an old house, and suddenly noticed several large bombers flying in various formations, they released several, many, bombs on the city, and I watched hopelessly at they neared the ground. I think that's when it ended.
Many of my dreams involve either dying, or nonsensical events.

Actually, you know you dream every night, only most of the times you can't remember it.

Anyways, most dreams, no matter who's they are, are extremely weird. My dreams are no different. I remember one time I dreamed that there was a huge meteor storm, and earth was being destroyed. I've also had plenty of the "falling" dreams, where you jolt awake just before you hit. One variation of that though, which ties in with Zelda a bit, was where I dreamed I was Adult Link in the Snowhead Temple of Majora's Mask. I had to jump onto a very narrow platform, but I was a little short, so I ended up hanging from one hand above a huge gap. And then, of course, I fell, and awoke startled. I guess I played too much N64 that day.

I find more recently now thinking about it, that it's more about what happens to you during the day. Like yesterday Mases was really annoyed with me, so last I dreamed about him demoting me to regular member status. It made me super sad.

Or another where I"m super addicted to black holes, so one night I dreamed about millions Black Holes coming and devouring the Universe, and some lead to different universes, some didn't. Everyone but me picked the ones that led to different universes, I picked the one that just killed you.

That one I didn't like.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I've also had plenty of the "falling" dreams, where you jolt awake just before you hit.
I had a conversation about these last night with one of my friends. It was about the myth that you're dreaming that you're falling then hit the ground that you actually die in real life.
As well as the myth that if you dream that you're killed that you actually die.

Zelda Freak

A Freak who likes Zelda
Uh another one of my dreams involved me and my girlfriend but it was the time i saw her in the club room, it was a nightmare.

A

Alkarius

I rarely dream, at all. I never get nightmares because I don't dream. The last dream I remember was some dude was on a motorcycle and he drove right through a building. Building collapsed, but they guy was fine, just kept driving. Weird.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I had a very weird dream last night about ZD.

I was a guest in the podcast and it was half way when my mom suddenly entered my room. So mases asks: 'Who is that Smitie?" and I said 'it's my mom mases...' so he starts laughing and everyone in the shoutbox was posting lol and :xd:. My mom kept asking stupid questions (luckily in dutch) and eventually she left my room. the podcast continued, but I was so embarrased that i didn't say a lot. The next day I had over 20 visitor messages where everyone made fun of me -.-. it was so weird.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Aw. if that ever happened we would never make fun of you ^^ well.. at least not me ^^

(huggles)

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
Funny dream, Smitie. :xd:

I went to Barcelona last week (hence my inactivity) and I was dreaming I was still there, even when I woke up I thought I was still in a hotel bed. Only had one hour of sleep the night before, that might explain some things. :P

I have a lot of really weird dreams too. I like them, though. :xd:

I tend to get inspiration for my stories from my dreams. Sometimes I've taken entire scenes or character designs from my dreams.

As for scary dreams, I don't get those often, and when I do they're not too bad. I just usually go back to sleep, though sometimes a little reluctantly. Then last bad dream I've had I got after watching the Silent Hill movie. :xd:

Speaking of weird dreams, I can never quite forget about this one weird one I had as a kid. It actually really freaked me out back then, but I got over it a long time ago. It still strikes me as weird. Basically I was standing, with my aunt next to me, and I was holding a biscuit. I bite into it and look down. There are little flies inside it, making little... I don't know... squeaking noises? That's not the right word, but it gives you the general idea. Anyway, it was a really weird dream and I've never quite been able to get it. o_O

Stella3000

Starlight
Its weird but I've had a lot of nightmares lately. Its been a long time since I've had nightmares this much. When I wake up from one I just put on my headphones and listen to music until I can go back to sleep. Usually I like dreams, though. Even bad ones. I like to pretend I'm somewhere else...

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
My dreams, at least the ones I remember, usually involve me being chased by someone or something. Which sounds like it might be a nightmare, but I actually get thrilled by it, and getting away.

Dependant on what the dream is like I'll either remember it, or forget, and I rarely have dreams, so when I doI remember them . I spent 2 hours before falling asleep beating the ifre temple. I had a dream about being carried odwn a mountain by girnning gotron becase I saved them all.....it was so weird...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom