• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dreams About Video Games

E

emy

I just had a dream about Zelda last night, as a matter of fact. It was strange. It was sort of like the real world except there were random dungeons and bosses you had to defeat, just walking around in your average life (ex. you'd have to defeat a temple just to walk down the street to the local coffee shop). It was sort of scary, but mostly just weird.

I had another weird dream last night. Every single person with any kind of Nintendo DS was teleported to a giant, blank room (No colors, kind of like comic books without color) and we did a bunch of DS stuff.

S

Silent Rain

I once had a dream that I was mario and I got caught in a underwater level and couldn't find my way out. It was scary for me because I'm already afraid of water! >.<
I remember having a dream about Zelda too. But I can't really remember what it was about.

S

Spreeze

I've had plently of these, ranging from Zelda to Mario to Banjo Kazooie.

Same here. I sometimes have dreams I'm in levels of Banjo Kazooie or Banjo Tooie (mostly Tooie, since I play that wayyy more often). Sometimes I am in a made up level of the game.

I keep a dream journal. That means I write down all the dreams I have in detail. I started the beginning of January 2009. Looking back I can see I have had several video game dreams, some referring to OoT as well.

I've also had dreams where I'm in an anime. If anyone's ever heard of 'Yu Yu Hakusho', that's the one. :P

Len

Zelda On Paper
ahh... oh yes, its "wind waker" (because i play it like more than 20 times) well.. i was at the seas searching for the treasures that lay around windfall island, then a big whale apppeared out of nowhere, it oppened its big mouth to swallow me, close, close and more close, im done, so he did close its mouth so hard like it where about to bite something hard... pure darkness i was on, inside the whales belly (end)

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I had a vidgame dream last night. I dreamt that I was Roxas from Kingdom Hearts or something and for some reason when I summoned the keyblade I summoned a pool noodle or something (yes my dreams are very random). Princess Peach was there too and for some reason I kept leaving her money. I have no clue why I dreamed like that but I did.

Zarom

The King
I've had a dream anout Zelda recently. I don't remember all, but here is what I remember the most: :thinking:

I was in a town and I took the bus because I had to go to a house. Someone had given me a quest and I had to do it. So, when I arrived in the street, I disembarked the bus and I got to a house. I knocked at the door and... it was Ganon who opened the door! He was exactly looking like OOX Ganon. He was tall and big.

Then, he said I had to do something for him. So I followed him to the basement, and the room was really big.There was a huge door against a wall. Then, Ganon gave me a long wooden stick. He said I had to use it to kill all the monsters that were sealed behind the huge door. I told him I was ready, then he pulled a lever and the huge door opened. Right after that, many monsters were running in my direction.

Using my stick, I killed most of them easily, I got hurt a little... After a while, Ganon asked me if I was okay. I said yes and monsters were still coming in the room. They were tougher and tougher...

And I woke up. :cooky:

S

Seizure

My dreams just gather images and symbols from every single aspect of my waking life, and since video games in general ARE a part of my life, they naturally appear in my dreams.

Sometimes they play a major role (Recently, I had a dream I was exploring a Banjo-Kazooie level, though it was completely different from any actual level) and other times there will be some minuscule feature in my dream borrowed from a game.

However, as I said, EVERYTHING appears in my dreams.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I just woke up from a bizarre one, but it has more to do with these forums.

I had a dream that ZD was a real, physical place for Zelda fans to gather. In fact, it was this series of white buildings with nicely manicured lawns... I was building some sort of map/guide for Majora's Mask upon one of these lawns (which is strange because I found MM quite difficult, have only played it through once and am hesitant to ever play it through again). It was sort of like a big relief-map - what I was doing. I was half done, just finished my physical guide to the Snowhead Dungeon, and was about to go to another area of the ZD complex to mark down my progress/note to people that wanted to use my project that it was only half-done.

That's when a van showed up, loaded with secret agent/government types, and they suddenly barred everyone from going to the main areas of the complex. So, I was stuck inside the entrance buliding, wondering what was going on and why I could not proceed to other areas.

Then my alarm clock buzzed.

And this is *not* the first time I've dreamt about an Internet forums being an actual place. Back when I went to Team Rocket Headquarters regularly, I remember having a very distinct dream about how everyone on the forums lived in this big Team Rocket HQ apartment complex. I think it also turned into a zepplin.

Please don't try to figure out how my subconcious works. I've been trying all my life.

Bob Majinki

Deku Director
I've constantly had the Tetris effect but for other non-Tetris puzzle games, such as Panel de Pon. It's crazy. I used to have Zelda dreams. Maybe it's because I've been playing less video games due to the amount of other things in my life. I remember this one epic I had as a child after getting Ocarina of Time. It was an 8-month-long dream. Where one dream ended, the next began. Through this period I worked on having lucid dreams, starting off the next dream to be the beginning of the next chapter, and then letting it run loose.

That's how I dream now, actually. I have a lucid dream (for those who don't know: you can control it) and then willingly lose control of it to have that element of surprise. The most memorable ones I have nowadays are ones where I cannot successfully induce myself into a state where I can lucid dream. Usually this is because I'm sick. For example, I had swine flu last Sunday, and man what a strange dream that was. I was at George W. Bush's personal pizza party in like, Chucke Cheese's.

I wonder what that symbolizes...

Last night I had some weird dream about Link and cake decorating. The more I think about it, the less sense it makes @__@;

Yes, I do have video game dreams. Sometimes they're normal and make sense and sometimes I get wierd stuff like Link decorating a cake and the like.

Back when I was into World of Warcraft, I would have dreams that I would be in the game. All the icons and menu bars would be there too. This would happen every time I had a WoW marathon with my SO. I'm glad we decided to quit that. :P

I've had Zelda dreams too. I would normally take the role of Link and I could see everything from a third person perspective. It was kind of weird.

Back when I was into World of Warcraft, I would have dreams that I would be in the game. All the icons and menu bars would be there too. This would happen every time I had a WoW marathon with my SO. I'm glad we decided to quit that. :P

I've had Zelda dreams too. I would normally take the role of Link and I could see everything from a third person perspective. It was kind of weird.

P

PixelSmile

I've had a dream where i was link and i was exploring his world defeating bad guys :)
Also had a dream where i was in a world like Animal crossing :')

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom