• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Dream Story Sign Ups

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
So I've been tossing around this idea in my head for some time, and only recently have had it fleshed out. It's sort of like a mix between the Matrix and Inception...in a fantasy/medieval world, if that makes any sense. It focuses around the idea that all reality is merely the dream of a God, known as the Overseer. Everything is merely a figment of the dream. The story focuses around a covert group of "Awakened," who are people who can manipulate the dream to some extent and exert Influence over it. The antagonists are a group of these Awakened who seek to escape the dream and wake the Overseer, effectively erasing the world and "starting over." I have not created a main character, and depending on the sign-ups, any of them could be the "main character," or none of them.

Name:
Appearance:
Clothes:
Allegiance (Good, Evil, or Neutral if you want):
Personality:
Backstory:
Weapons:
Other:

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Sounds like a good idea, Myriad. I never saw Inception, but I did see the Matrix Trilogy. :nod: Anyway, here's my submission. Hope that helps, and feel free to edit anything to your liking.

Name: Reinhart (pronounced Rainheart)
Appearance: Not tall or short, light tan skin, short hair, with one side being black and the other white. He has dark eyes.
Clothes: dark mercenary outfit: sleeveless shirt, black pants, black boots, and a long, dark coat over the shirt.
Allegiance Good
Personality: Not too serious, often jokes about stuff, shy around mature woman but flirty with those around his age. :cool:
Backstory: Just decided to join a group of Awakened and work for them. Knows a lot about weapons and fighting.
Weapons: Give him whatever you wanna give him, I don't mind, probably a sword would be good.
Other: He wants to get married and have kids. You know, he just wants to find a girl and settle down.

Last edited by a moderator:

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Uhm, might not wanna call your god-like-thing-person 'The Dreamer', because Go_Skyward already called that whole schtick. But I'd love to sign up.

Name: Luke O'Hare
Appearance:
iPod pics K 381.jpg
Clothes: See above. Unless modern clothes aren't allowed, then a tunic the same color as his shirt (without the gingham), white pants, and a brown belt and boots.
Allegiance: Good
Personality: Dumb. Extremely dumb, and naieve, and a total Cloudcuckoolander. But he's the sweetest, kindest soul you could ever meet, always looking out for his 'buds', which is just about everyone in his mind, even people who don't like him. When he has a weapon in hand, though, or is on the brink of death itself, look out. He becomes a walking bucket of badassassinry and battle tactics, wrapped in a calculating, ninja warriory package. As soon as he lets go of the weapon or gets out of the life-threatening situation, he'll revert back to his dopey self.
Backstory: ...I don't really have one for him. If you wanna try making one for him, be my guest. Maybe have his cloudcuckoolanding ways allow him to break the fourth wall and just 'awaken' out of nowhere. That's all I got, you probably could come up with something better.
Weapons: If this is completely not sci-fi fantasy, then a thin, epic katana thing. If sci-fi elements are allowed, then a lightsaber.
Other: He has a deep phobia of hippies, his favorite food is cake, and he talks like a surfer. That's about it for him.

Hope you like him/can use him. If not, that's OK too.

Last edited:

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Ah, thanks for the advice. I didn't know about Go-Skyward's RP, thanks for letting me know, I'll change that. For future reference, this is medieval.

Whoa, I'm watching Inception right now. This is a pretty cool idea, Myriad.

Name: Henry
Appearance: handsome, blond hair, blue eyes, slightly muscular, reasonably tall
Clothes: long-sleeved white shirt, tan pants, brown boots
Allegiance (Good, Evil, or Neutral if you want): Good
Personality: smart, funny, slightly narcissistic, usually kind, short-tempered
Backstory: He discovers that he's an Awakened one day and begins searching for others who are like him.
Weapons: a sword and a knife that he keeps hidden
Other: He desires to be a leader and a hero.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Thanks, all of you. I'm thinking a couple more sign-ups and then I'll be ready to go. I've got the events mostly laid out, Act 1 will be coming soon...

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Whoa! I'm in buddy, don't leave me out man! :eek:

Name: Wendilaine Ghormst (German pronunciation of W so it would be V, nickname to some is Wendy with the English W sound)
Appearance: Silver eyes, (Everyone has blond hair :eek:) short jet black hair
Clothes: Regular garb, doesn't matter
Allegiance: Neutral
Personality: Quiet, listens more than talks
Backstory: Wendy is a thief and has been all his life. Since he was born his parents had to steal to survive, and so he learned the trade from them. He has an interest in the tales of the dreaming god, but he doesn't show it because he sees it as a weakness, and so he leaves those stories to dream catchers, aka, he doesn't chase fairy tales however interesting they may be
Weapons: Knives, small crossbow, short sword
Other: N/A

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Name: Jeyne
Appearance: She has wavy brown hair that falls down to the bottom of her shoulder blades. Her pinker skin is freckled around her face. Averagely skinny. Green eyes.
Clothes: Like Raindrop said, regular garb. But often wears a hooded cloak as well.
Personality: Quiet and calmer, she knows little about fighting, but makes up for it in cleverness. She is smart and educated, but cannot handle high pressure situations.
Backstory: Jeyne is a scholar, of sorts. Always had been, but she never had to use her knowledge anywhere. Her teacher was just an old man, who had gotten his hands on many books, allowing Jeyne to read them as she pleased. She realized she was an Awakened not long after learning about the Overseer. Old books about the dreaming god interested her more than history, and she learned all she could.
Weapons: An old dagger, that she can hardly use.
Other: Wassaaap! Oh, and she is easily terrified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom