• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Dragons of Lythan

Who would win in a fight

• Monkey D Luffy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Naruto

• Ichiro

• Death The Kid

• Asta

• Edward Elric

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Goku

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Batman

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
In The Land of Lythan, the peoples lived in harmony, under the love and Grace of the Three Maidens in their boundless Power, Courage, and Wisdom. When they left the world for the Golden Realm, they left the 11 Dragon Lords as stewards of their will, but The Dragons were corruptable and corrupted they became, opting rather than to safeguard the world to Rule over the People of Lythan. Their will and might iron-clad and ever present. Now it is 500 Years into the Age of Dragons

In The Port Town of Southdock we set our scene. The Tavern of The Red Nymph sits close to the center of Town, ran by the retired Dwarven Champion, Murdol Alabas, The Hammer. The City is bustling on this lovely Tuesday Evening. The Regular crowd in Attendance, save a few new faces. Rival Sky Pirate Captains sit on opposite sides of the bar trying to enscript crew members for their respective ships. and a Third person sits enscripting for a secret assignment: None other than The Flame General Belo'Khun Vandraste. His Twin Sister Bella waits Tables, as well as Murdol's Daughter, Lazulene. The Town Drunk Del deep in his cups arguing with Murdol about recent events.

Bella hands her brother a Tankard of Ale and goes to check on the Tables

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I stared impatiently at his pocket hourglass. It was quarter to eight. The human who he was meant to make a trade dealing was late.
"Sorry for the delay!"
"Ah finally, Munavar. What in the world took you so long? Here are the herbs you asked for"
I placed a bag on the table. Munavar inspected the ingredients carefully. After a while he nodded.
"Aight that would do"
"That would cost a mere 78 pieces of silver and 45 pieces of bronze"
"Nah that would be too high. I bid 75 si-"
I got up, ready to leave. I was in no mood for bargaining considering the rarity off the goods and the efforts I put into acquiring them.
"I shall find another buyer then"
Just when I was about to leave, something caught my attention. It was the goods Munavar had. It was a belt. Unlike what people normally wore, it was way bigger than it was supposed to be.
"What is that belt?"
Munavar let out a slight grin. Its Belt of Behemoth and it is a sacred treasure that gives the wielder an immense amount of strength. Munavar put on the belt and without a warning, he lifted the entire table in one hand. He wasn't lying after all. I decided to get it our village, which is being expanded and under construction, needed such device.
"How much is it?"
"1 gold"
"How about this? We can just exchange our goods?"
Munavar thought for a while and agreed halfheartedly.
I knew how much he wanted those herbs. Just as I predicted.

Pen

The game is on!
Iki Ruh found herself in Southdock that day. She was there on fieldwork in hopes of picking up on a certain lead for her dragon research. Alas, it wasn't going her way, so she decided to cool off at the bar. Upon entering the Tavern of the Red Nymph she quickly noticed the pirate recruiting that was happening in there. Trying to ignore them since she found them to be rather the savages, she took a seat at the counter and made sure to get the attention of one of the staff.

"Excuse me, is there any specific whiskey you'd recommend?"

Last edited:

Storm

Murdol looks and gives a giggle
" Ballo, Madamme. looking for a pint of Whiskey. I have all kinds. I have our own Vintage, I have Pixley's Dry Humor, and I have Alec's Bird Blend. any of those peak your Palette?"

Bella clocks the Researcher entering, and keeps an eye as she does her rounds.

Pen

The game is on!
"I always like to try the most local stuff, so I'll have a glass of your own vintage please," Iki replied as she took off her jacket. "Aside from some of the guests back there, this tavern is really warm and cozy. On my travels I've seen plenty of bars who could only dream of attaining an atmosphere half as good as this one. Please send my regards to the owner."

Storm

"I mean it's a Port Town. recruitments for various journeys tend to pile up in places like these. Hell, one time there was a person here looking for people to walk from here to the Forest of Iron Pines 600 Miles to the North. I'll be sure The Owner gets your compliments" Murdol says as he pulls out a Black Bottle with Blue lettering, pouring Iki a glass before returning to the drunk 3 stools over, berating him in Deep Dwarvish, sounding livid and very stern

Pen

The game is on!
The whiskey had a uniquely smokey taste to it that Iki enjoyed quite a lot.

"What an excellent vintage!" she said to Murdol. "Befitting of the establishment's terrific interior." She couldn't stop herself from taking another sip right after the first one. "So you're saying there isn't just pirates and other thieves recruiting people in here? By the looks of it I'm inclined not to believe you."

Storm

"Theres all sorts around here. That Tall Fella over there without shoes and the Plum Hair are looking for Crew Members for their Reapective ships. The Duke and The Sanchez of course, but that Knight over there is looking for some able souls for a venture of another kind. Moreso of the Walking all around this continent, maybe riding a bit as well, but ever Since Crazy Hakim was killed by some fox person that made off with some Pegasi leaving the Tiger to eat the rest out of desperation, finding Discount Mounts is a tough thing to do" Murdol rambles on, leering at Del, who walks over to the Dwarven Barmaid as they have a conversation that finds its' way upstairs and gets loud

Pen

The game is on!
"Say, you wouldn't happen to know of any ancient temples in or around the Southdock area?" Iki asked. "Namely one dedicated to the divine Spirit Dragon. If it even exists anymore it ought to be ancient."

Storm

Murdol leans in close "this be a port town. The Water Dragon and the Dragon of Storms be more pivotal here. i hear tell theres a temple to the spirit dragon far North in Liore"

Pen

The game is on!
"Indeed. I was actually there investigating last year," Iki explained chipperly. "Based on my research there ought to have existed another temple of the Spirit Dragon around here. But perhaps that was too long ago, or maybe it was never true to begin with... Research such as this is never easy. Do you happen to know anyone who might be able to help me?"

Storm

Murdol ponders a moment
"You never know these days. Asking everyone might be the key to all of this."

Pen

The game is on!
Iki sighed as she turned around to look back at the many guests at the bar. Most of them seemed like the type she'd never want to strike up a conversation with. But she was really keen on finding this temple, so she figured she'd have to move out of her comfort zone for a bit. She still had about a third of her whiskey left in the glass, so she swiftly downed it, briefly grimaced, and then promptly walked over to the recruiting pirate captain that she deemed looked friendlier than the other.

"Ahoy Cap'n," she greeted him with a forced voice and strained expression. "I be lookin' fer the nearby temple o' the Spirit Dragon. What arrre the particulars that ye can share about it, matey?" It was obvious that she was trying her best to blend in, but she was doing a terrible job at it.

Storm

"umm...Hi" The Elven captain said, bowing to this woman of intrigue
"The Spirit Temple...Hmm. There's the one in Liore, some lesser ones all around like at Pilgrimage spots on the road to Pentos. I think theres one on the continent to the Northeast. cant say I've heard of another massive one like the one in Liore. Shinoconis has a dual role as the Dragon of Life and Death, and the Death one manifests itself very well in Liore. but for the Living... the whole continent might as well be. life is it's temple. but if you're willing to go looking" The Captain says, wiggling his Quill on the paper
"you can always sign onto my ship, The Sanchez. it's not Dirty as people love to say it is"

Pen

The game is on!
Iki was a bit taken aback by how well spoken the pirate captain was. He sounded nothing like what she expected a pirate captain to sound like.

"Uh, sorry sir, but I'm not here to join any privateer's crew," she excused herself. "Thanks for your time." She thought that maybe it had been a mistake to go to a pirate for help, so she looked among the other guests present at the bar. Out of the non-pirates, one individual in particular stood out to Iki: a man wearing full plate armor. He seemed to be especially friendly with one of the waitresses, so surely he couldn't be that dangerous. Iki walked up to him next, this time presenting herself as she normally would.

"Hello, my name's Iki and I'm on the lookout for an ancient temple dedicated to the Spirit Dragon. If it really does exist then it should be somewhere in the vicinity of this town. Do you happen to know anything about it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom