• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

DragonBall Z Fans? I've Got a Question

Something I don't really talk about too much here, is that I'm a huge DragonBall Z fan. At least, I was when I was younger. I watched the series all the time, from Raditz in the Sayan Saga, all the way up to the Buu saga (but started to lose track and never really followed after Kid Buu was introduced).
Anyway, I started watching the series again for nostalgia, mostly, and I came across a problem that has me stumped. It has to do with the Android Saga and Future Trunks' alternate timeline where the Androids destroy all the Z fighters:

When Future Trunks first travels to the past to warn Goku about his heart disease and the Androids, the first thing he does is destroy the Cyborg Frieza and his father. These two evil warriors were strong enough to destroy Piccolo, who hasn't merged with Kami yet, and Vegeta, who hasn't yet become a Super Saiyan, when they arrive. Plus, Goku doesn't even get there for another two hours, giving Frieza and his father plenty of time to kill off all the Z warriors there. Even when Goku lands, it's still debatable whether or not he could take on Frieza AND his father after having spent so much time traveling in the tiny Ginyu Force space pod. However, in Future Trunks' timeline, all of the Z warriors are said to be killed by the Androids, three years after Frieza arrives on Earth. So my question is, what exactly happened when Frieza and his father came to Earth, but without the Future Trunks to come in and dispatch of them within moments of their arrival? How is it that all the Z warriors survive long enough to face the Androids three years later, and why is none of this ever mentioned? I've looked all over (and maybe I just haven't found it yet), but I still haven't come across anything that even mentions this. Does anyone have any ideas?

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Ok, in the normal timeline when Goku and Future Trunks first meet they have a lengthy and private discussion.

In this discussion, Goku reveals how if Trunks hadn't arrived he would have simply used his newly acquired "Instant Transmission" to arrive back on Earth back in time to fight Freiza. He can use Instant Transmission in any manner, be it from planet to planet or from dimension to dimension.

Also, in their discussion Goku reveals how he has been "breaking in" to his super saiyan form so to speak. This is demonstrated perfectly when FT starts slashing at Goku with his sword only to it stopped with merely his finger, whereas, earlier we see Trunks turn Freiza into mince meat with his sword.

To answer your question, in the future timeline Goku would have had to kill Meta-Frieza and King Cold by using Instant Transmission to confront them directly as they set foot on Earth.

Ah, right, Instant Transmission! I completely forgot about that. I also forgot how Goku proved to be just a strong as Trunks when he landed, so I guess it is perfectly possible he could defeat the two of them on his own. Thanks for clearing that one up for me. I guess I guess I was just confused because Goku didn't use IT to get to Earth, and instead used the space pod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom