• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Dragon World Volume 1 Chapter 1

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Oh. My bad, I didn't realize I was in this story. Lolz, sorry about that, I have signed up for so many that I have forgotten which ones. Thanks for keeping this story going, it's good to know you are continuing it. From what I read, the writing looks good, smooth, and short update, on top of that Atsuma appeared in this update. I hope you keep it going, Wielder. ^^

Wielder of Aegis

Greetings everypony!
Why didn't this get a bigger reaction? Given how everybody's been tearing their hair out waiting for six long months, I thought this would be huge news. Did everyone forget? Or did you all figure chapter 4 was never coming? I fully realized that my fans were so impatiently waiting, and I don't blame you guys. I was having severe writers block, and I assure you all that chapters will become more frequent. I urge you to tell all you friends here on the site about the story. I need at least three more people to sign up, and still, I'm sure I can fit in the rest of the people who sign up. I sincerely apologize for the wait and hope in future that the story will garner more fans eager for more. :)

Wielder of Aegis

Greetings everypony!
I must apologize for another delay in Chapter 5. Standardized testing is next week, so I've been busy with practice. After testing, I promise to have more consistent updates.

Wielder of Aegis

Greetings everypony!
Chapter 5!

Chapter 5
Lightning, Poison, and Giddiness

Kevin had just swallowed a dose of Sgt. Prozac’s Lonely Hearts Club Depression Medication™ when he saw two girls and a boy, all in their teen years, in the clearing up ahead. The three teenagers eyed the travelers warily, then seemed to decide that the approaching group’s intentions were not wicked.
“Hello,” Kevin called to the friends. The younger girl responded first.
“Hey there,” she said. She shook everyone’s hand in turn, smiling at the dumbstruck look on Chase’s face. “Name’s Pandora Hryalina. Panda for short.” Pandora looked about fourteen years old and had straight jet black hair, pulled back in a ponytail. Her eyes were presently a brilliant cerulean hue, but as a small cloud passed the sun overhead, they flickered a miserable silvery gray, only to return to their dazzling blue shade when the sun was un-obscured. Kevin had read about Oculacians (people whose eye color changed with weather) before but had never encountered one. She wore a green T-shirt with a detailed drawing of a walrus on it, and a miniature dress, under which were a pair of skinny jeans. Her appearance was strangely formal, yet strangely casual.
The other girl and the boy, the latter covered in dirt, introduced themselves. “Fay Ryna,” said the girl, who looked sixteen. “And this little weirdo is The Self-Proclaimed King of Turnips.”
“Oh, shut up!” said the boy, who looked the same age as Pandora. “Shore Lian,” he added, “and I was looking for turnips because they have the capability of curing all diseases known to man, dog, dragon, snake, and monkey-chicken.”
“You and your monkey-chickens,” Fay mocked playfully. She was tall with long blonde curls, and she sported an abundance of freckles upon her nose. She wore a blue T-shirt with the phrase, “I Dig a Pygmy” printed on it, and over it, a blue smock that was far too small for her; it didn’t even reach her sky blue shorts, and her feet were clad with black boots, worn with mud and dirt from countless hunting trips.
Around her neck was a purple snake with the horns of a goat and the tail of a rabbit. It lifted its horned head like a purple periscope and looked directly at Kevin. In an instant, it lashed out and bit Kevin’s neck. As he fell in slow-motion, he heard voices shouting:
“Oh my God!” “Kevin! Help him!” “I’ll get a turnip! I always keep one with me just in case.”
Then he blacked out.

Kevin knew he had to be dead. There was no way he could have survived that dragon’s bite, but somehow, the reality was the exact opposite. He knew he was alive because Wallace, Chase, May, Fay, Pandora, and even Ponis were pulling him to his feet; Shore was rubbing turnips all over Kevin’s neck.
“That should do it!” said Shore. “All better. First bite from a Doku-hebi, eh?”
“A- a what?” Kevin asked?
“A Doku-hebi. They’re dragons that greet people they want to become friends with by biting them.” Seeing Kevin’s bewildered expression, he added, “The bites are never fatal. They just cause annoying giddiness that eventually turns into overconfidence and then evil that lasts for the rest of the victim’s life, but once you’ve been bitten, they’ll never bite you again. A couple strokes from a turnip’ll cure the bite instantly. It’s the one instance when turnips are colloquially accepted as medical tools, so far,” he added maliciously.
“And that’s all they’ll ever be used for, Shore,” scolded Pandora. Shore didn’t bother arguing.
Shore had short brown hair, perfectly round glasses and a green backpack that looked like he’d never taken it off. He sported navy blue boots, sweatpants of the same color, and a black sweatshirt, but Kevin couldn’t study the bespectacled boy for long, for Shore was immediately struck by a bolt of lightning.
There was a moment of shock and horror as the travelers gathered ‘round the dead boy. Then Shore sat bolt upright and exclaimed, “That reminds me!” He ran off to the corner of the clearing and picked up a small cat. He immediately rushed back to Kevin, said, “It’s for your safety!” and shoved the cat’s belly in his face. Shore then did the same for May, her dragon, Ponis, Wallace and Chase.
“Sorry, it’s just that ever since they discovered that scientific anomaly near Mount Facean, random bolts of lightning have been raining down. But if you rub a cat in your face, you get lifetime protection from electrocution, both natural and artificial. It’s law now,” Shore explained.
Surprisingly, Pandora and Fay both nodded. “We already had ours,” Pandora said. “I had mine right after I was born.”
Nobody questioned this medicinal anomaly. Instead Fay asked, “So where’re you folks headed?”
Wallace answered, “Well, I guess we’re headed for Mount Facean.”
Shore replied, “Well through the Eastern forest in Dalesville, the ocean should take you were you need to go, if you stay on a straight path, but forget about it! There’s too many dangerous dragons in the water. You’ll get sliced and diced.”
“You’re kidding,” said Chase.
“How are we gonna get to the volcano?” May asked.
It was Pandora who answered. “I know. You need to head up north. In the northeast is the Kingdom of Tricor. My father has a map, you can borrow it.”
“That’s great!” said Kevin. “But what do we do when we get to Tricor?”
“Why, you need to talk with Atsuma.”:cool:

Wielder of Aegis

Greetings everypony!

Wielder of Aegis

Greetings everypony!
Chapter 6
The Alligator
Slowly, he opened his eyes and looked around. The room was totally white; he had to shut his eyes to protect them from the blast of brightness. He was somehow aware of what he was wearing without even seeing or feeling it; a white robe that he always wore when coming here. His emerald headband seemed to give off a warming protective glow, emanating from the white V symbol.
Suddenly but not unexpectedly, a voice rang out, sweet as the angels’ themselves; “You should have been nicer to the mattress, Kevin Kanar.”
Kevin did not dare open his eyes again, but he knew this voice, from countless other encounters. “Philmm, my old friend. How wondrous to hear your voice again.”
“The same goes for me as well,” said Philmm in his soothing voice. “How long has it been since we last spoke?”
“A year,” replied Kevin. “I have counted the days.”
“Has it really been that long? I have missed you as well. Living a hidden life is difficult; it has taken me over six months to contact you.”
“Well, at last we may speak more often!” Kevin exclaimed.
A brief pause, then a sigh. “I am afraid that is not the case.”
“What do you mean?” inquired Kevin.
“I’m afraid I shall not be able to visit you again, my boy. By tomorrow morning, I shall be gone, forever.”
“But, why?” he asked.
Quickly did Philmm’s reply come; “That is exactly what I must tell thee of. The Chaos Villains are regrouping.”
“Have they finished their strategy?” said Kevin.
“Yes,” replied Philmm. “Azrak has spent the last four months mustering his forces. He plans a full frontal assault on the the city of Minas-Mengeth.”
“When?”
“Tonight.”
“How terrifying!” cried Kevin. “What can they possibly hope to gain?”
“The answer you seek is talking to you right now,” sighed Philmm.
“You?” Kevin could not believe his ears. “They’re willing to attack the capital city just for one man?”
“You don’t know Azrak like I do, Kevin. He will destroy the whole universe if it gets in his way. And I am afraid the Chaos Villains will also stop at nothing to fulfill their master’s wishes. Their forces are ten thousand strong, and we can barely sort the dead from the barely alive. In one month, we’ve only drawn two thousand able-bodied soldiers. Everyone in the city will die if I am not presented to Azrak. You know what I must do.”
A horrible epiphany struck Kevin. “You plan to give yourself up?”
“If Azrak is given the pleasure of striking me down, it will buy the city more time. Azrak will retreat for now, but he will come back to destroy the entire kingdom someday, and I won’t be there to die for it again.”
“How much time will the city have after the Chaos Villains have gone?”
“Maybe a year. Two years, at most,” said Philmm. “The point is, I had to tell you of these matters before I die.”
“I can’t believe you are seriously going through with this!” cried Kevin. “I can’t let you walk into your doom!”
“’Death is but crossing the world, as friends do the sea.’ Besides,” said Philmm, “though I won’t be able to speak with you, I am transferring some of my power to you, so I shall always be with thee.” A horn sounded distantly. “My time draws near; continue your journey, Kevin, but know this: when the time comes, heed the call of Amoriad.”
“Alright, Philmm,” said Kevin lamely as tears flowed from his closed eyes. What can a man say at a time like this?
“Goodbye, my boy, and when you return here, another must come as well. She is-“ His next words were drowned by the dying screams of a soldier, but as the brightness faded, Kevin could hear a name: “Pandora Hyralina.”
He awoke abruptly, in the Dalesville Inn, as he realized that he would never hear the sweet voice of Philmm Jenifǽr again.

Wielder of Aegis

Greetings everypony!
Well, here I find myself yet again, apologizing for not updating. I am going through SUPREME writer's block of the WORST KIND. HOWEVER, for those who are tearing their hair out frantically waiting for me to write more, I did just start another story on fanfiction.net based on Persona 3; basically a retelling of the story from my perspective. BUT! My younger readers should be warned: MY OTHER FAN FIC CONTAINS EXPLICIT LANGUAGE AND QUITE A LOT OF IT, AT THAT. Keep that in mind, and decide for yourself whether or not you want to read it. Here is the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7488591/1/Persona_3_Ballad_of_the_Endless_Night Welp, until next chapter, I suppose. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom