• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dragon Quest XI-S Definitive Edition

Live panel about Dragon Quest 11 specifically only talking about the Switch port. Not in English but I am sure someplace will summarise it in English.

Here's some of the changes announced in the stream

Latest Voice Actor Announcements
  • Protagonist (Baby) (Cry) – Touma Saito (Ayumi Tsunematsu’s son)
  • Kai (voiced by Yuichi Nakamura)
  • Booga (voiced by Yuichi Nakamura)
  • Masked Martial Arts Tournament Announcer (voiced by Shunsuke Takeuchi)
  • Indignus (voiced by Shunsuke Takeuchi)
  • Queen Marina (voiced by Atsuko Tanaka)
  • Grand Master Pang (voiced by Ayumi Tsunematsu)
  • Don Rodrigo (voiced by Akio Ootsuka)
  • The Sultan of Gallopolis (voiced by Shigeru Chiba)
  • Avarith (voiced by Ryuusei Nakao)
  • Yggdragon (voiced by Keiko Han)
  • Tyriant (voiced by Norio Wakamoto)
  • Homirin (voiced by Yuka Ozaki)
  • The Seer (voiced by Miina Tominaga)

Additional New Features
  • Party members will follow you on the field.
  • You can talk directly to party members without opening the menu.
  • You can change the music from Orchestra to Synthesizer at any point by going to the sound settings in the menu.
  • You can dash with the ZR button.
  • By using the new “Horse Bell” item, you can call your horse at any time.
  • You can now gain experience points when your horse knocks away an enemy on the field.
  • You can change the battle speed to “Normal,” “Fast,” or “Really Fast.”
  • The quests from the 3DS version of Dragon Quest XI in which you visit the worlds of past Dragon Quest titles will be included in the Switch version, but not without changes.

Voice Drama Downloadable Content

The following is a message from Dragon Quest series creator Yuji Horii, who was unable to appear on the program due to poor health:
“Thanks to everyone who made their voice heard, Dragon Quest XI S is being made to dive deeper into the story. And new story is also being added that allows you to experience each character as the protagonist. Through the unexpected sides of these characters and previously untold stories, I hope that you can be able to appreciate each character even more. I wanted everyone to further enjoy the drama of those characters, so I am actually making something as additional downloadable content. That something is a ‘voice drama.’ I would like to share more details now, but I should be able to share new information in June.”

Source - https://gematsu.com/2019/03/dragon-...s-additional-new-features-and-dlc-voice-drama

Quin

Disaster Master
Best version of probably the best dragon quest game. Its a shame about the visual downgrade, coming from PC its very noticable, but the content more than makes up for it. Still hoping the content makes its way to PC one day but I'm not holding out for it since I already got this version.
One of the best if not best "modern" Jrpgs I would say and one of the best switch games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom