• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dragon Quest XI Coming to Nintendo NX

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
i give zero ****s about the nx lineup. i'm not buying it. **** nintendo. **** their **** stopgap system that i was stupid enough to think they might actually try to support. asshats.
Wii U had a pretty decent run though. It was better or at least equal to the Nintendo 64.
I mean, by the time it will be gone, it will have
Splatoon
Mario Maker
Xenoblade X
Star Fox Zero
Zelda U
Pikmin 3
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Yooka Lele
3D World
Wind Waker HD
Smash 4
Rayman
Mario Kart 8
Hyrule Warriors
I mean, it isn't exactly great, but it still is really good. There is a title or two that I would justify buying the system now for.
The most interesting thing to me about this news (if i overlook how much of a tombstone the wiiU now is) is that the same DQ game that is coming to NX is also coming to ps4...

The PS4 doesn't have any hardware gimmicks like the gamepad... so will the NX be gimmick free, or will DQ just not use them?
I think it will have a gimmick, I just don't think it will be as intrusive as Wii U's. I definitely think it is going to support Pro controllers and the Gamepad too.
The reason I know this, is that NX is going to launch with Fricken Pokemon game with Pokken fighters. The controllers you use with the arcade version is very much like the Pro controller. So there is that.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
the only gimmick going on here is that nintendo has us conditioned to run to speculation on the new shiny thing instead of questioning their **** business model.

Wii U had a pretty decent run though. It was better or at least equal to the Nintendo 64.
I mean, by the time it will be gone, it will have
Splatoon
Mario Maker
Xenoblade X
Star Fox Zero
Zelda U
Pikmin 3
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Yooka Lele
3D World
Wind Waker HD
Smash 4
Rayman
Mario Kart 8
Hyrule Warriors
I mean, it isn't exactly great, but it still is really good. There is a title or two that I would justify buying the system now for.

Wow, cool. You named like 15 games (some of which i barely consider passable and wouldn't buy for more than $10). Is that how low we've sunk? that we're cool with a console putting out a dozen decent games in it's lifespan? That's not a decent run. it sucks.

The reason I know this, is that NX is going to launch with Fricken Pokemon game with Pokken fighters. The controllers you use with the arcade version is very much like the Pro controller. So there is that.

I always figured that Pokken Tournament would eventually release on the U, but i guess anyhting that isn't out yet and anything in thee future to be announced is potential to be an NX title.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
the only gimmick going on here is that nintendo has us conditioned to run to speculation on the new shiny thing instead of questioning their **** business model.
Do you really blame Nintendo for trying to move on?
No one would buy Wii U's, it was an underpowered system that no one wanted to make games for, it had a terrible gimmick that was either intrusive or lackluster within it's games, and they tried to go to the casual market again.

All of these things were the fault of the Wii's success, so I may not be happy. Nor are you, we should just be happy that Nintendo is learning to give what its fans actually want from a system.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
I'd bloody love a gimmick free Nintendo system. That fact is why i love the Gamecube so much, we had two Zelda games and no hardware gimmick to make them irritating to play.
A gimmick free Nintendo system would be nice, but it never bug me.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
We now know that the NX is comparable to the PS4 in power. It isn't sacrificing a gimmick for power. Which is an extremely good thing. As long as they have power with the gimmick, those who want to develop it without the gimmick can do so without worrying about system power and such, and those who want to develop a game using said gimmick can make a game like that.
It pretty much is a win-win situation for both sides of the spectrum.

The wii bugged me, the WiiU didnt. The Wii U didnt get to hit its stride and now we're getting confirmation for potential releases on the NX before we even know what the console is.

If Nintendo would stop being so conservative with their releases then the Wii U probably would have sold more. When it started to struggle they should have green-lit some big games, they should have pushed a Metroid and F-Zero out, theey should have made it a mission to give the U more than one Zelda like the GC had.

Curmudgeon

Do you really blame Nintendo for trying to move on?
No one would buy Wii U's, it was an underpowered system that no one wanted to make games for, it had a terrible gimmick that was either intrusive or lackluster within it's games, and they tried to go to the casual market again.

Yes, I do blame them. They decided to design the system that way in the first place. **** them and the **** they've pulled for the last fifteen years. They lost rea; third party support on the N ****ing 64 when they decided to go with cartridges. Hubris and playing to the last success are well-established nintendo traits.

All of these things were the fault of the Wii's success, so I may not be happy. Nor are you, we should just be happy that Nintendo is learning to give what its fans actually want from a system.

I am happy. I've been unburdened from ever buying nintendo hardware again.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
We now know that the NX is comparable to the PS4 in power. It isn't sacrificing a gimmick for power. Which is an extremely good thing. As long as they have power with the gimmick, those who want to develop it without the gimmick can do so without worrying about system power and such, and those who want to develop a game using said gimmick can make a game like that.
It pretty much is a win-win situation for both sides of the spectrum.
Yeah but we don't know much about the NX. We don't truly know that its as powerful as the PS4, or that it has gimmicks or not.

The wii bugged me, the WiiU didnt. The Wii U didnt get to hit its stride and now we're getting confirmation for potential releases on the NX before we even know what the console is.

If Nintendo would stop being so conservative with their releases then the Wii U probably would have sold more. When it started to struggle they should have green-lit some big games, they should have pushed a Metroid and F-Zero out, theey should have made it a mission to give the U more than one Zelda like the GC had.
Maybe we should let Nintendo run for the Republican party lol!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Yeah but we don't know much about the NX. We don't truly know that its as powerful as the PS4, or that it has gimmicks or not.
It is going to be able to run the Unreal 4 engine(the engine that Dragon Quest is using). So the system is at least close to PS4 hardware in terms of specs, just looking at that logically.

This means that games will be easily ported to NX as well.
Yes, I do blame them. They decided to design the system that way in the first place. **** them and the **** they've pulled for the last fifteen years. They lost rea; third party support on the N ****ing 64 when they decided to go with cartridges. Hubris and playing to the last success are well-established nintendo traits.

I am happy. I've been unburdened from ever buying nintendo hardware again.
Wow, salty much? You should have just not supported the Wii U. Just don't take it out on Nintendo when they are trying to rectify their issues. My guess is they are going to have a huge ambassador program for Wii U owners who buy the NX, or just in general. But good bye, its your loss. Say goodbye to Metroid Prime 4, Galaxy 3, and all the third party support that NX is going to get.

Curmudgeon

Wow, slugsy much? You should have just not supported the Wii U. Just don't take it out on Nintendo when they are trying to rectify their issues. My guess is they are going to have a huge ambassador program for Wii U owners who buy the NX, or just in general.

my bad. i thought nintendo would at least support their own hardware. i was wrong.

This is the point i'm trying to make. they haven't learned from their mistakes. assuming the NX is as powerful as the ps4 they're still three years behind the current generation.

But good bye, its your loss. Say goodbye to Metroid Prime 4, Galaxy 3, and all the third party support that NX is going to get.

oh, look. the same bull**** people say for every new nintendo console. people shouted the same thing about the wii u on these very boards. and the only thing i'm really losing is not giving $1000 to nintendo.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
you mean say hello to Federation Force NX, Super Mario 3D Galaxy and Zelda 2025/NX successor title
my bad. i thought nintendo would at least support their own hardware. i was wrong.

This is the point i'm trying to make. they haven't learned from their mistakes. assuming the NX is as powerful as the ps4 they're still three years behind the current generation.

oh, look. the same bull**** people say for every new nintendo console. people shouted the same thing about the wii u on these very boards. and the only thing i'm really losing is not giving $1000 to nintendo.
A core Metroid Prime for NX is pretty much confirmed
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-next-proper-metroid-prime-would-likely-now-be-on-nx
New 3D Mario game is also confirmed
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ni...-t-say-if-it-s-for-wii-u-or-3ds/1100-6418850/
Confirmed to be mainline, and hardcore like the 64/Galaxy Series.
We have also seen support of third parties as well, and let me tell you, getting SE on your side is not an easy feat.

Furthermore, it is also confirmed that XBOne and PS4 aare supposed to last for 10 years. So, what if Nintendo is 3 years late? That means the technology is already cheaper, and easier to use. The SNES was around 2 years behind the Sega Genesis. Do we call the SNES bad? No. Because it was superior to the Genesis and they had arguably better titles.

Curmudgeon

A core Metroid Prime for NX is pretty much confirmed
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-next-proper-metroid-prime-would-likely-now-be-on-nx
New 3D Mario game is also confirmed
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ni...-t-say-if-it-s-for-wii-u-or-3ds/1100-6418850/
Confirmed to be mainline, and hardcore like the 64/Galaxy Series.

yawn. the only metroid games i really enjoyed were the original and fusion. missing a third galaxy game won't keep me up at night.

tell you what. you're so desperate to convince me nintendo is a good company, buy me an NX. I've gotten to the point in my life where loyalty has to be earned. especially from a megagiant corporation that i have no ties to other than nostalgia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom