• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Dragon Link

L

Link-Z

What would happen if Eiji Aonuma. Suddenly decided,let's make a Zelda with link as a dragon? Sorry. Of much content just something to get you thinking.

Do you mean have Link as a dragon perminatly or have Link be able to freely transform from human and dragon? I don't really know if it will be a good idea, considering dragons are quite big. If he was a small dragon (like the same size as Spyro for example) then I don't see why not, I'm sure they can come up with some plotline.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
To me, even a small dragon would be kind of strange to me. They kind of did this in TP with Wolf Link and it feels a little too soon to do something like that again. It just doesn't seem like a good idea at least for right now.

Djinn

and Tonic
I think i have only seen something like this in a few random games and generally it is such a strange mechanic that it never quite works out in the end. I think the Breath of Fire series managed to pull it off the best but it was still kind of annoying to attempt and it fed off the magic points of the main character just to maintain it. I imagine something similar would have to be done in a Zelda game just to keep things balanced. However Zelda is an adventure game and not a turn based RPG so I imagine the magic meter would run out way too quickly for my liking. Second the Zelda series late is not exactly as fight heavy a slaughter type of game to justify Link transforming into any mythical animals for added power in battle. In fact most large scale battles in a Zelda game are accomplished through clever use of items and exploited weaknesses. Most of the time the boss fight is a type of puzzle in of itself. The thought of Link transforming into a dragon of some kind and brawling it out with a large monster just seems a little alien from what we have seen so far. That makes me think of something like God of War or Samurai Warriors in that the game is 99% hack and slash murderhouse combat with only little other gameplay like solving puzzles.

I just cannot really think of any way to implement this into a modern Zelda game without having to nerf it to the point where it would not really be useful at all. Or drastically altering the style of the game to the point where it is not really a recognizable Zelda game anymore. Not to mention I cannot quite think of any real reason why it would be implemented in the first place. Having to build a game around a specific mechanic seems like a huge task for any development team to take on.

A

Abdulink

To be honest, I've thought about this first. The game is called Zelda:Dragon Heart, in which the world is conquered by dragons. Link once again, must try to save the world and he finds out that he has the heart of a dragon, allowing him to transform into a dragon(like this one

half_dragon.jpg

He would look like a standing human, but he would be all in dragon skin(green). And he will some average sized wings which he can use to fly. He will still use his sword and shield and all other items he gets. He will also have dragon specific abilities like Fire Breath, Ice Ball etc.

lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Link-Z

freely change. small dragon not like faron or thunder dragon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom