• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dr Who, Anybody Like This Show?

Who is the Best Doctor?

• William Hartnell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patrick Troughton

• Jon Pertwee

• Tom Baker

• Peter Davidson

• Colin Baker

• Sylvester McCoy

• Paul McGann

• Christopher Eccleston

• David Tennant

• Matt Smith

• Total voters
A good site to watch the old episodes is dailymotion.com; I don't know if all the episodes are there, though.

GoldenGengle64

A v ^ A v ^
OH MY GOODNESS YES I LOVE THE SHOW!! It's incredible and amazing and wibbly wobbly timey wimey! Love that show. And David Tennant. <3 My fave companion is Rose, and tied for second are Amy and Rory. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait a long time for season 7 since I don't get BBC America. :(

A good site to watch the old episodes is dailymotion.com; I don't know if all the episodes are there, though.

Netflix is good too. It has seasons 1-6 of the new for instant streaming, and most, if not all of the old series.

Last edited:
OH MY GOODNESS YES I LOVE THE SHOW!! It's incredible and amazing and wibbly wobbly timey wimey! Love that show. And David Tennant. <3 My fave companion is Rose, and tied for second are Amy and Rory. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait a long time for season 7 since I don't get BBC America. :(

Netflix is good too. It has seasons 1-6 of the new for instant streaming, and most, if not all of the old series.

I have checked the streaming selection on Netflix. There are very few episodes of the old series available, although a lot more are available on DVD.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Doctor Who ruined my life.
But I love it. I've only seen New Who, and although I adore Chris and Matt, David is probably my favorite Doctor, with a tie between Rose and Donna for favorite companion. I have shed way too many tears over this show (namely; Doomsday, Journey's End, The End of Time, Silence in the Library...) and it's also made me terrified of basically everything...
but I will forever love this show and it's fandom. Can't wait for series 7! :D Although I'm not super thrilled over the new companion, but we'll have to wait and see.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I wish we had Netflix over here. Itunes Netherlands doesn't sell Dr Who episodes, stupid........
I love Donna and Rose and Amy. It is a tie between those three but I think I go with Donna. The way she acts and the way she shows her feelings did it form me.l especially after Fires of Pompeii

I am actually quite fond of Doctor Who. I have difficulty in choosing between David Tennant's 10th Doctor (funny and sometimes wonderfully serious), Christopher Eccleston's 9th (same as Tennant) or Tom Baker's 4th (so charismatic, and he makes scarfs look cool!) as my favourite Doctor. My favourite companion is Captain Jack Harkness, followed by Sarah Jane Smith. If only Jenny (the Doctor's Daughter) could come back as well.
My Top 10 episodes/double stories are:
10) Army of Ghosts/Doomsday (Series 2)
9) The Doctor's Daughter (Series 4)
8) Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead (Series 4)
7) Genesis of the Daleks
6) Utopia (Series 3)
5) The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances (Series 1)
4) Tooth and Claw (Series 2)
3) The Stolen Earth/Journey's End (Series 4)
2) Dalek (Series 1)
1) Aliens of London/World War Three (Series 1)
I'm in the process of watching the new series with Matt Smith's 11th Doctor and am looking for the rest of the older series so the list above is a "work in progress" one.
And my favourite enemies would be the Daleks, followed by their lord and creator Davros, the Slitheen, the Vashta Nerada and the Chula gas mask zombies.

Dan

I have never seen an episode of Dr. Who. Please don't smack me, Vee. :P

Definitely worth giving it a try, then me and you can talk about it like an elderly couple.
Yes love ths how itself, started watching it when I was 13 (maybe 12 I forget), Matt smith is currently me favourite Doctor.

Joy

The Sexy One
I started watching at the beggining of the 9th Doctor. I love the show. However, I'm more of a fan of Tennant than of Matt Smith. I don't enjoy the story as much. I didn't like the Silence or the crack appearing everywhere... But I think the new doctor in himself was alright. David Tennant is still my favourite <3

I'm quite happy Amy is leaving, she was cool enough, but Donna was my favourite by far. She was amazing.

There are too many enemies to decide my favourite, but I think I'll agree with Vanessa and say the Weeping Angels are amazing. However, I liked their first appearance more than those two big episodes.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I have never seen an episode of Dr. Who. Please don't smack me, Vee. :P

*Smacks Krash* :P Too late :P

I never get all this Tennant fandomism. It is getting out of proportion and it annoys me madly. I never get why people act like Matt Smith kicked Tennant out while Tennant already announced his retirement from the show in 2008. Smith was not even casted by then. The biggest problem I have with the Tenth is his extreme yelling and agressive behavior. He and the Ninth have this in common. I do like Matt as the Doctor. He is goofy, serious, mad, old and young at the same time and his facial expressions are hilarious.

Hmmm I would love to see Jenny return whether or not played again by Tennant's wife Georgia Moffet. After all she IS a timelady and maybe there would be some connection with Susan, the Doctor's Granddaughter (1963 first series). The Doctor's daughter was a good episode but it was a bit rushed. It was not completely logical. They were creating warriors and there is this girl. The Doctor is forced to pull his hand in a machine and less than 2 seconds later the girl has his DNA and is a timelady. That is not logical. Okay it is Dr Who but still not logical. One would think this would take at least a couple of hours and not just a sec or 2. Besides that I really would love to see Jenny make a return. She would be a great companion to her daddy. Maybe an option for the 12th Doctor?

Another character I really would love to see return is Wilfred, the grandfather of Donna Noble. In the current episodes (Season 7) we see Brian, the father of Rory and he reminds me of Wilfred.

The new season so far looks very interesting and has some great episodes. I find myself tuned in every Saturday night to watch the BBC 1.

Dan

Ah yes Wilfred was great, It's a pity they don't use him any-more, I guess it's because his connection with Donna, but still tis a shame.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
I really do enjoy this show a ton. I'm almost finished with Season 6, and I still need to catch up on The Pond Life and Season 7. Personally, my favorite Doctor was Christopher Eccleston, and I think he totally should have been Doctor longer.

I am watching the "newer" seasons for the first time on Netflix, I'm at season 3. I do like Tennant a lot, he plays the role well.. However, all I can say is I'm still sad Rose is gone... Why....? Blaaajhhhhhhh

I LOVE Doctor Who. It's probably my favorite scifi series ever. The doctor (in all incarnations) is my favorite television character, even beating Dr. House to the number one spot. I've seen more Tom Baker episodes than any other actor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom