• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dr Who, Anybody Like This Show?

Who is the Best Doctor?

• William Hartnell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patrick Troughton

• Jon Pertwee

• Tom Baker

• Peter Davidson

• Colin Baker

• Sylvester McCoy

• Paul McGann

• Christopher Eccleston

• David Tennant

• Matt Smith

• Total voters

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I remember my brother used to love it as a kid and my friend became obsessed with it and got me into watching it too. And I was smitten with the show. It is really good. And every Doctor has his own personality after he regenerates (happens when another Actor takes over)

IndigoRose

Princess of Awesome!!!
I love Doctor Who!!! Matt Smith is FANTASTIC!!! I've recently been watching Tom Baker because it's the only old season my library has! :lol::lol: I want to watch all the David Tennant years while waiting for Series 7 to start up in the fall! David Tennant's years are really cheap on iTunes!

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
I LOVE Doctor Who! I am very much looking forward to this new season and hoping for some previous Doctors making a guest appearence, just like in the Classic series.

Favorite characters (In no particular order): The Doctor (Obviously lol), Captain Jack Harkness, Ace, Martha Jones, Romana, Rory, Amy, Tegan, Rose (Before her return), and Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart.

Favorite Villains: The Weeping Angels, The Master, Davros, River Song (One episode as a villain but she was still a good one), The Master (From the Second Doctor's episode. Not related to the timelord), The Celestial Toymaker, Nero, The Vashta Nerada (From the Silence In The Library two parter), and of course The Daleks.

Favorite Classic Series Episode: Tie between "Genesis Of The Daleks" and "The Caves Of Androzani".

Favorite New Series Episode: Tie between "Human Nature/The Family Of Blood" and "Vincent And The Doctor" (I always cry at the end of this one).

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Okay, so... uhh... I've so far only been able to watch episodes post-reboot (2005-present). Netflix only has those, sadly. Is there any way to watch the classics free? (I am boycotting iTunes... the stupid freaking thing is the reason all of the music stores are going out of business...)

F

Fang_Ariatus

I lack the cpacity to watch this show... I does not get the BBC! But one time, I saw a marathon on Syfy, and could not bear to get up. Best . Show. Ever. However, I am now terrified of statues of angels...and trash cans with toilet plungers sticking out of them... and many other things that act in this show as they shouldn't in our world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
Okay, so... uhh... I've so far only been able to watch episodes post-reboot (2005-present). Netflix only has those, sadly. Is there any way to watch the classics free? (I am boycotting iTunes... the stupid freaking thing is the reason all of the music stores are going out of business...)

Its hard to find them since the government is hitting hard with the piracy stuff.... instead of the enconomy we worry about the internet >.< I digress so try those out and if they dont work google it...

Last edited by a moderator:

The Joker

&lt;span style=&quot;text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
The weeping angels are definately one of the creepest and greatest villains to hit Doctor Who.

Its a shame that so many sites got pulled down because of the threat of SOPA (It never went through but just the threat got people to take down their stuff). It really is a great show.

I have not seen any of the show yet, but I have a list of TV shows that I will watch in the future, and Doctor Who is on that list. I plan on watching all of the episodes in chronological order, staring with the William Hartnell episodes from the 60s. Then I will go on with the rest of the original Doctor Who series, and then the 2005 revival, Torchwood, The Sarah Jane Adventures, and K-9 (alternating episodes where they take place).

By the way, does anybody know of a list of all Doctor Who onscreen media, official or not, animated or live-action? I would like a list of everything onscreen, as long as it does not contradict canon (no Peter Cushing films) and is not a fan film. A link to one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

On a side note, I heard the next doctor might be female. Does anybody have any more information about this rumor?

Last edited:
I have not seen any of the show yet, but I have a list of TV shows that I will watch in the future, and Doctor Who is on that list. I plan on watching all of the episodes in chronological order, staring with the William Hartnell episodes from the 60s. Then I will go on with the rest of the original Doctor Who series, and then the 2005 revival, Torchwood, The Sarah Jane Adventures, and K-9 (alternating episodes where they take place).

By the way, does anybody know of a list of all Doctor Who onscreen media, official or not, animated or live-action? I would like a list of everything onscreen, as long as it does not contradict canon (no Peter Cushing films) and is not a fan film. A link to one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

On a side note, I heard the next doctor might be female. Does anybody have any more information about this rumor?

Just so you're aware, it's not easy to find a lot of the early Doctor Who episodes and indeed a great many of them are completely lost:

Doctor Who missing episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just so you're aware, it's not easy to find a lot of the early Doctor Who episodes and indeed a great many of them are completely lost:

Doctor Who missing episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am aware, but I believe the missing episodes are all available in audio form.
If you are not opposed to downloading via torrents, most of them are very easy to find. I think torrenting them is acceptable in this case, since, as you said, they are so difficult to find.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The next companion is female again and as far as I know Matt Smith (the current Doctor) is not going to to leave anytime soon. That is what he said in an interview. There have been a huge lot of rumors about Matt leaving and the Doctor regenerating into another one but nothing is confirmed yet and I don't think Matt is going to leave

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I'll probably be shot for saying this... but I really didn't like the show that much. I've seen it with a few of the different doctors and it just didn't work for me. It was a bit too silly for me to take seriously. Everything was so silly and absurd despite the serious and dangerous situations the Doctor usually finds himself in. A lot of the plot elements seemed weak an uninteresting. I never really saw what makes the show so worthy to be continued indefinitely. It wasn't really that spectacular to me. But hey, if other people enjoy it, then by all means. Doesn't bother me any if they keep getting it. Don't like it, don't watch it. Ah... don't get me wrong though. I don't mean to say it was a terrible show. I can sit and watch it if nothing else as on and I wouldn't get bored. I just wouldn't go out of my way to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom