• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Downloading Things from YouTube?

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
Hey ZD,

I've heard a bit from around the forum about people who download things from YouTube. I found a video I want to download, and I want to know,

a. Is this possible? and
b. How do I do it?

I'd appreciate if you could respond. :)

LANZZ

Scarecrow
Yes, it is posible... To downloading things from YouTube, you need Internet Download Manager (IDM) or Youtube Downloader....

Ghosi

Schmetterling
There is also another downloaing service that can help, and it is called SaveTube. I think it might be better than MediaConverter, but you can decide.

I use a program that is part of DVDvideosoft, which is a free download thing, but you can really only choose between a few file extensions: (*.avi; *.mp4; *.flv)

But, be sure to use it ethically; in other words, don't steal others' work and stuff. When I do it, I really only use it to have something to work with for my montages, as I am still unable to record my gameplay and stuffs... but I credit the people's work (they are the ones recording and actually playing the game), just like I would in a research project's "Works Cited". So... yeah, download at your own risk, because it can be considered stealing if you use it in a unjust way.

So... yadayadayada...

^ exactly what mandym said. If you are downloading the video to perhaps take the music from it, then that is stealing. And it falls under the same laws as pirating music, DVDs, VideoGames ect.... Its not worth getting yourself in trouble. Its best to send the person a message asking if you can download their video and get their permission first.

For sites that allow downloading I use "DownloadHelper"its an add-on for firefox. and I find it amazing.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
What is use is Zamzar And you just stick in the URL and pick the file conversion you want it too. The E-mails are relatively fast and the download is completely safe, I've used it tons of times.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Realplayer is good for Music and Video downloads, it also comes with a built in media converter. Mediaconverter.org is better but someone already said it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom