• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Down the rabbit hole: Lucid dream mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I told you before hand how I intend to interpret the results in order to avoid the accusation that I'll make post-hoc rationalizations. I involve an RNG to further remove my own bias from the process. I can discuss this if you'd like.
But... why remove the bias? You won't find scum randomly. You find scum by looking at how people are acting and how they interact with others, all of which affect your bias, which is a good thing. Especially for someone who hasn't played here before, and has very little player bias.

Posting from mobile is ass. I'll be far more detailed in a few hours with a keyboard.
One of the few things that you've said today that is universally agreed upon

Foo

Expectation
To answer both Deku and Sooshi, the whole idea is to create a system which is *hard for scum to control* and therefore reasonably safe to participate in. I *get* the fear of being led by scum, certainly... But I honestly feel that a very good way to deal with that issue is to let random processes, pre-set rules, and mass consensus guide my actions. These are things that scum has a hard time controlling.

Look, what I'm really doing here? Asking questions and responding to answers. Same as gumball. I'm not sure where leading comes in. By making myself beholden to pre-set rules and to other players I actually have the *least* freedom of anyone here.

I guess you could say that I'm trying to make myself look "in control" by setting up a system, but the system is for me. None of you need to follow along with the final result.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
And my theory/ inquery is ignored.
3279507-2-sadness.jpg

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I guess you could say that I'm trying to make myself look "in control" by setting up a system, but the system is for me. None of you need to follow along with the final result.
Coming from the same person who was trying to tell us how to play earlier on during this very game day. KEK

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Mido, what do you think of Dekunut?

Deku, would lynching you have the same effect as lynching Mido? Every thing considered, would the results be the exact same?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
4) Know that in 12 hours the list will be finalized, and I will use the Orokos Campaign page you have confirmed to select a lynch target from the names remaining on the list. As this target should be acceptable to the majority of players by construction, I will expect most undecided players to join me on the wagon. If you are opposed to do so I suggest you identify you opposition *before* the final selection is made. I will consider opposition post-selection to be a scum-tell.

My votes will follow in the next post.
This post, Foo
"I will expect most undecided players to join me on the wagon"
"I will consider opposition post-selection to be a scum-tell"
And you were saying?

Foo

Expectation
"I will expect most undecided players to join me on the wagon"

And I did, prior to the opposition I received. This is not me telling you how to play, it's simply a reflection of my own experience. Every other time I've seen this or similar strategies employed the wagon afterwards had momentum. I no longer have that expectation.

"I will consider opposition post-selection to be a scum-tell"

If you you make a list of "people you won't vote for" and then later refuse to vote for someone *not* on that list, you've failed to be completely honest with the town. That's a scum tell. The entire system is a farce if I don't hold to this kind of thing.

But that aside, are you suggesting that the very idea of listing out scum-tells is somehow "telling the town what to do" and therefore problematic? Because if that's the case the game is going to be damn near impossible to play >>

Anyway, got home, gonna eat and then execute. I have keyboard access.

Foo

Expectation
Anyway, time's up for me. There were at least two votes for Gumball, Zelda13, and Mido, leaving

1. Spiritual Mask Salesman
2. Foo
3. Repentance
4. Dekunut
5. Sadia
6. Johnny Sooshi
7. Crus@der77x
8. A Link in Time
9. Musicfan
10. Ari
11. Mellow Ezlo
12. Pendio
13. Doc
14. Viral Maze
15. Frozen Chozen

I will role a d15 in public ledger as soon as someone can confirm that I've not miscounted or left anything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom