• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Double Swords

What are your thoughts on there being a feature where link have double swords? there would also be hidden skills for him to use. you would have to get a wireless nunchuck to swing them around though.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
He could dual wield, but I think that attacking would alternate between swords, which wouldn't feel quite right the first time through. What other weapon would he use besides the Skyward/Master Sword?

Majora's Cat

How about that
I don't really think that Link will use Double Swords. It wasn't shown in the trailer or in any gameplay demos. There's only a minute chance that dual wielding could even be attained from a sidequest. Nintendo wouldn't make a move that bold - plus, to have total control over two swords at once you would need to Wii remotes with full MotionPlus support.

I'm positive it's not going to happen, as Skyward Sword's release is nearly upon us and the idea of it sounds a tad bit out of place. But perhaps Nintendo will try to do so in another Zelda game? You never know. :P

I'd say its not gonna happen. There isn't enough motion controls in the nun-chuck for it to work.
OFF-TOPIC reply to FierceDiety
As for the next console Zelda. I think there will be another one in 4 years, and I think a new nintendo console will come out in 2ish years. There will be another 3DS zelda game in 2-3 years. Yup, thats my thoughts.
ZeldaSS- 2011
ZeldaOoT3D-2011
Zelda3DS-2013
ZeldaConsole-2014-2015

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Hmm, I agree with everyone on this. I don't think Ninendo will imput something like that. Also, if you say that we will have to buy a wireless nunchuck, that doesn't mean it will act like Wii Motion Plus. And, The nunchuck doesn't have a pointer like the wii remote, so it wouldn't work. AND the nunchuck won't have Wii Motion Plus. Also, CMON, we already have to get the Wii Motion Plus, even if it comes for free, I wouldn't want to get a wireless nunchuck, it'll feel like a mess to me. I say stick with the good ol' sword n' shield!

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Nah, I don't think we're going to see, and I don't really want to see it. It is traditional for Link to have a sword & shield, so they'll continue with that. But for other characters, mainly enemies, it would be possible. Ganondorf in WW did that.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
It seems very... odd, Nintendo made a huge effort making the sword AND shield usable in this game. Remember Wii Motion Plus is still not perfect, if you notice closely SS is not using new sysytems. they are using exactly the same stuff from WSR (Sword combat, bowling bombs, airplane beattle, bow...bow). Until we see a huge upgrade from WMP I dont think we are going to use both the Nunchuck as a fully moving control.

But it would be really cool :D

It's definitely an interesting idea. Maybe it could be some special ability you gained through a sidequest, and you wouldn't be able to use a sheild whilst weilding two swords.

I think it would be hard to use the two swords when you have a wired nuchuck, an d I don't think Nintendo would require the use of a wireless one.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I think Link should stick with a sword and shield, he's always looked better like that. Also, at the time, it seems impossible also for 2 swords via with the nunchuck as one sword. It'll feel wierd, WMP with 1:1 sword control, and the other is mindless waggling. Kinda unbalanced I'd say.

A

Anti-Hero

I disagree with everyone on this topic. I believe dual wielding is very possible especially with the nunchuk. OoT introduced a two-handed sword with the Biggoron sword, so I find it completely plausible that with the nunchuk an individual could cross the two swords, rotate them in a circle, etc.

its a cool idea, but link is sort of a sword and sheild fighter. always has been, always will be. plus, to be able to weild 2 swords at once means you have to be pretty quick and agile, and link is one of nintendos more slow and clunky characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom