• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Double Clawshot: Good or Bad?

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
The Double Clawshots are amazing! Their puzzles are clever and they are very fun to use with their ability to make Link grapple infinitely on most targets.

W

wherestheblanke

I felt that it certainly wasn't creative, but an obvious choice as an upgraded longshot. They looked pretty cool too. :D

The Double Clawshot was a long needed idea. The Hookshot/Longshot, whatever else it's called, had been long overused. The problem was, like many other weapons in the game, it either came near the end, or it was used at all outside of its own dungeon. Both of these I feel applied to the DC's, for other than a few sparse times in areas such as Hyrule Castle and Palace of Twilight, they weren't overly used, which can be blamed on the other reason. This was the last dungeon item in the game, which severely limited where it could be used, and how it could be used.

At the same time, every time I used them, I felt a need for more.....fluency. If you've ever played through City in the Sky, and remember having to claw from fan to fan, you might know what I'm talking about. I feel they need to improve on that a little bit more, make it more reasonable. I'm all for seeing the DC's in Skyward Sword, or any future Zelda game, providing that they touch up on these issues.

M

MegaLink

Personally I thought it was a nice item, but thought it was weird at first. I admit I got used to it and liked it, it was fun to use. It was also a good idea, and I didn't expect it at all. So I overall I think it was idea, but I actually wished it came earlier in the game though.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I think it's one of the best improvements in the game (I call it improvent because it's a re-make of a re-make thing). In OoT they introduced the long-shot, but to be honest in my opinion the first one allready had to be the long-shot.
In TP the first one allready was the long-shot, and the second one (the double-shot) was quite a nice improvement. You could get on places without using a platform.

M

Mrlinkfreak

I thought that this was a good idea. It had many uses to solve different puzzles and Nintendo made these puzzles challenging and interesting. Overall it was a good item but i would have preffered something brand new.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I agree that it wasn't the most original idea, but it was still one of my favorite items in TP. Actually, it's probably one of my favorites in the entire series. It was a twist on an already classic item and opened up so many new possibilities for puzzles and combat. It was far more rewarding than the longshot and more fun too. The only problem I had was that it came near the end of the game (Just like ALL of the cool items in the game) so it was rarely used. :(

Hanyou

didn't build that
I would rather have received a separate item, like the grappling hook, than another hookshot. Using the Double Clawshot was really slow and not all that exciting, which ruined the "Spiderman" effect. The puzzles weren't particularly creative to me either; they didn't even take twice as long to figure out.

I don't think it's a huge deal, though, and I was okay with the double clawshot item, it just didn't strike my fancy very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom