• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Doom .....

GOTY for me. Just play it! Literally the day before totalbiscuit sounded so damn skeptical about the game, but now he is straight up a full blown fanboy.

I played the original Doom on an emulator years ago, but I'll wait for reviews on this new one to see if it's worth picking up. I always find it suspjcious when a game releases before review copies are sent out. This is certainly a huge leap for the franchise, but does it live up to the series standard? Doom has been on hiatus for so many years that I enter skeptical.

I played the original Doom on an emulator years ago, but I'll wait for reviews on this new one to see if it's worth picking up. I always find it suspjcious when a game releases before review copies are sent out. This is certainly a huge leap for the franchise, but does it live up to the series standard? Doom has been on hiatus for so many years that I enter skeptical.
The easter eggs in this game (one per stage) is a hidden area modelled after a stage from the original doom. This is not an original doom remaster. This is secret areas that look mostly like the 90's original doom does. Complete with classic music and other classic features. The game developers announced these secrets.

There are other secrets on each level, but one of them is always the classic level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hY3mVw2p3E

O
nce you've found the secret, that entire classic level is available to play stand alone as well.

Dan

I've never even heard of this game...

Come on, you must recognise these images.

UltimateDoomPoster.jpg

Doom+imagem+4.jpg

I really want that first image as a poster on my wall.
I feel bad, but I've also never properly played the Doom games. :(

Nope I don't regognize those but now it seems vaguely familiar

Man, you better start doing some gaming history research lol!!! This is as bad as not knowing who Link is IMO. At one point in time there were more copies of Doom on PC's than Windows.

Anyway, I 100%ed this game, beat it twice, etc. It's absolutely everything I ever wanted as a Doom fan (outside the fun but weaker MP).

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Literally the day before totalbiscuit sounded so damn skeptical about the game, but now he is straight up a full blown fanboy.
Ah, the shill is at it again.

Anywho, let me ignore my disdain for TB and other youtubers and say that I'll wait for D44M. I've seen snippets of gameplay and the thing I heavily dislike is the execution thing. As far as I know, it's mandatory to see that slowdown cutscene right?

Ah, the shill is at it again.

Anywho, let me ignore my disdain for TB and other youtubers and say that I'll wait for D44M. I've seen snippets of gameplay and the thing I heavily dislike is the execution thing. As far as I know, it's mandatory to see that slowdown cutscene right?

How is TB a shill? He's almost a polar opposite of one, very honest.

The glory kill system is actually really cool, I was skeptical at first but it's so fast ant intuitive that it feels completely natural. Not only that but there is a rune that speeds up the execution speed (which by default is already fast). And no it's not mandatory, you can still kill everyone with bullets, sometimes it makes more sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom