• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Donnie Darko

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
So yesterday I watched Donnie Darko for the first time and fell in love with the story. If you liked the movie please give me your opinion as I value it very much. In addition I have a song that is about the movie that I'll share. It's called Disasterology and it's by Pierce The Veil. Anyway the video is below and I thank you for your replies in advanced! Ciao!:D

[video=youtube;6OeGMHCyOKY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OeGMHCyOKY[/video]

shogun_zidane

将軍 ジタン
Well I only found a few connections between the song and the overall plot of the movie that part about millions of girls under my bed really threw me off. lol btw did you know there is a sequel called S. Darko? It continues the story but it's about Sam, Donnie's youngest sister. It is good too and really expands upon the story, and has the same actress playing Sam. btw I liked the song!

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I did know about S. Darko but I wasn't sure about watching It. But now I'll check it out. Thanks!

Also the group interviewed once (Pierce The Veil) and said that Disaterology was inspired by Donnie Darko. I found this out after this thread.

I get the millions of girls part because I think it's more figurative as if in Donnie's dreams. He does talk about sex to a certain degree while under hypnosis which is my guess at it. I liked the song before the movie but love it even more now.

Here's my song rundown for what I can also determine.

Lay down/drink poison/pass=he takes meds and goes to sleep

Chorus=underlying plot of the movie.

Conor

the over analysing guy
I really enjoyed the film Donnie Darko, it was fun to discuss the ending with people afterwards.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I loved that movie! I remember watching it for the first time with my friends and i was so confused. lol. Though my favorite song in the movie had got to be mad world, it's such a lovely song and and even lovelier remake to the tears for fears version. lol

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
[video=youtube;4N3N1MlvVc4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4[/video]

I love this song. I heard it a few times before but I love it even more now that I've seen the movie. It does sorta bring a tear to my eye.:kawaii:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom