• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Donkey Kong 3D?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Apparently pre-order boxes for a Donkey Kong 3D are appearing at retailers. After Donkey Kong Country Returns hit in 2010 for the Nintendo Wii, I wanted to see Nintendo focus more attention toward Donkey Kong, especially on the 3DS. Hopefully, this turns out to be real because a little bit of Donkey Kong never hurt anyone. But I'm gonna go ahead and say this is fake. For starters, Nintendo has never announced a DK project for 3DS and the supposed box art looks very familiar.

Donkey Kong Country 3D
donkeykong3d-provv2-3ds-3d_1331412146.jpg

Donkey Kong Jungle Climber
250px-DK_Jungle_Climber.PNG

Whether or not Nintendo has a DK game planned for the 3DS is unknown. I'll be sure to update as soon as more info is revealed.

UPDATE:An update from IGN confirms the box art above for "Donkey Kong Country 3D" to be a mock up/place holder image for the game as most retailers tend to do with games with no box art.

Last edited:

Beeker

Wild Card
Yeah, this looks pretty fake. There has been no news on a new DK game anyway, so a preorder just can't come out of nowhere.
Despite that though, I kinda do want to see a game like DKCR on the 3DS. A while ago I was watching a playthrough of that game, and was thinking that the way the player and the environment interact with each other(like being shot from a cannon into the background) would be perfect for 3DS.
So, I kind of agree with you. I'd love for this to be real, but there is a very high chance it isn't.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Yeah, this looks pretty fake. There has been no news on a new DK game anyway, so a preorder just can't come out of nowhere. Despite that though, I kinda do want to see a game like DKCR on the 3DS. A while ago I was watching a playthrough of that game, and was thinking that the way the player and the environment interact with each other(like being shot from a cannon into the background) would be perfect for 3DS. So, I kind of agree with you. I'd love for this to be real, but there is a very high chance it isn't.

Actually that's not entirely true. Before Resident Evil 6 was officially announced back in January, Gamestop already had posters advertising the game weeks before. But that's not a really common situation though... I still believe this is fake until Nintendo says otherwise.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Complete BS. The Super Smash Bros. coming 2012 box next to it gives it away.

What does the 2012 release date for Smash Bros prove? You know, there use to be a time when Max Payne 3's placeholder release date was 2010...

Also, I thought you weren't big on rumors, Turo. Why are you posting such clearly fake material then?

Because this holds more water then anything regarding a console.

Omega Fury

I ain't mad bro!
It looks fake to me. I can tell cause someone posted the website name on the side of the 3DS Official name. If they didn't put their website name on their picture, We would be fooled and think the cover was real but game wasn't announced. I would look for website names in the picture for the familiar cover so people would know it's fake already.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
It looks fake to me. I can tell cause someone posted the website name on the side of the 3DS Official name. If they didn't put their website name on their picture, We would be fooled and think the cover was real but game wasn't announced. I would look for website names in the picture for the familiar cover so people would know it's fake already.

The cover is fake...That has been established already...

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Yeah I seen that article somewhere and I got excited when I seen it. Granted it's just a placeholder, but just the fact there might be a Donkey Kong game coming to the 3DS is exciting enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom