• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Doing the MM 6 Day Challenge -_-, Any Advice?

General Skel

Stalfos!!!
The 3-Day Challenge (also called 6-Day Challenge) is pretty hard. You have to have skill in order to beat it. As well as know all the dungeon shortcuts: what to get and what to skip. I've done the challenge plenty of times, so here's my personal advice. Before you start the challenge, take a few days to go through each dungeon and take notes on what to do. For example, take a look at the Woodfall Temple map below. There are already two rooms you can skip: the Compass and Map rooms.

Woodfall_Temple_Map.png

Also, you don't need to get all the Small Keys in a dungeon. Just the Small Keys that let you progress without all the additional items. The only items you need to get in each dungeon is the Boss Key and the dungeon item. Just do that to each dungeon.

After that, plan your route. Find out what happens on what day. In Lamentizer's guide, you need to get the first two temples complete, get the powder keg, and rescue epona all before the first night, because that's when the aliens come to attack the ranch. And don't walk!!! Roll or spin!!! Using the Deku Mask saves lots of time. When you get the Goron Mask, roll everywhere. In the dungeons, switch between the Deku and Goron Masks. Remember don't walk but spin\roll. Even if you're three feet from the door, spin or roll. You will save so much time. If you make a mistake, you're screwed.

One last thing: practice. Take the challenge slowly. If you fail to get epona by the first day, start the cycle over again (power switch or RESET) and keep going until you make it. If you get Snowhead done by 9:00 PM, try again. Next time it might be 7:00 PM. And then 6:30 PM.

But, I wish you the best of luck. If you have any other questions feel free to ask me.

If you're okay with exploiting glitches within the game and don't want to have to practice long and hard to get Epona by the first night, there is a way to complete the game without Epona. If you learn the ISG and hovering glitches, you can skip a lot of the rooms in the dungeons, and even hover over the fences that would normally require Epona.

Of course, this would mean you'd have to be okay with using glitches. For the longest time, I was a "purist" and didn't want to learn or do anything that involved exploits in a zelda game. But, I love challenging myself, and I started to run out of interesting challenges and have decided on learning to speed run MM in my free time. I'm learning a glitched 100% run, and it's really a lot more challenging than anything I've ever tried to do in a video game, and I'm very pleased with my decision.

General Skel

Stalfos!!!
Not sure about bringing glitches in to the mix, though.

Glitches are not allowed. It called a challenge for a reason. Using glitches takes away the challenge. Now, if you wanted to do a speedrun with glitches, then do so. But not on the 3-Day Challenge.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Glitches are not allowed. It called a challenge for a reason. Using glitches takes away the challenge. Now, if you wanted to do a speedrun with glitches, then do so. But not on the 3-Day Challenge.

Uh, thanks? I was more so questioning use of glitches than suggesting it. It was half-directed towards West0pher who brought up the possibility. And who's to say that using glitches is not a challenge in itself? *on the 3-day Challenge*

Thanks guys. Im excited to try it, itll be my third playthrough, i know ill fail though. Im just gonna try to finish Alttp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom