• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Doggie and Transformation masks.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Well I"m not so sure about why dogs will attack the deku scrubs, I personally think that it has something to do with the way deku scrubs look, kinda creepy I'd say.Gorons, well are very easy to tell why the dog runs away.Ok if I was a dog and I saw something that big, and that ferocious, I would seriously run like crazy.Zora's are just like Gorons, I can easily tell why the dog acts like that.Well, really the only thing I have to say is, Zora's look so friendly, who would wanna abandon them and they also look completly harmless, and attractive.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
For everyone who has played Majora 's mask knows this.
If you are a Deku, doggie attacks like he has rabies.
If you are a Goron, doggie will first acts as tough guy and then runs away because its scared.
If you are a Zora, doggie follows you like a loyal pet.

Now i can can understand why he 's scared of a goron. but the reaction of the Deku and Zora, made ma always wonder why the doggie acts like that?

First the Deku scrub. A deku scrub is like a plant thats walking. and normmaly, doggies love trees and bushes right? why attack him. If the doggie follows a deku scrub like how he follows a Zora, it could make sense. Like "Come here Deku Scrub, you are fresh and not marked, lemme take a pee on you"

Then the Zora. A zora is like evolved fish race. I don 't see any connection why doggies follow him everywhere in a friendly and loyal way. i just don 't get it?
Whats the secret, does Zora 's produce high pheromones that affect animals or something?
Its just weird.

So ladies and gentelman, what do you think the reasons might be?

"Come here Deku Scrub, you are fresh and not marked, lemme take a pee on you"! SO FRICKIN HILARIOUS!!!!!! Anywho i think maybe zoras have skin that excrete pheramones that meak lesser members of the animal kingdom do it's bidding to do things like 'oh im freezing to death! come here so i can get warm doggie! man i wish i was endothermic! maybe i could make puppy stew?' and with deku trees maybe they have a history of abusing animals so the dogs abuse them before they can be abused by them.

Zarom

The King
If I were a dog, I would react like this:

Well, for the Gorons :goron:, I would be scared of him.

For the Zoras :zora:, they are kind of attractive and they look good, so I would want to have him like a master or wathever.

And the Dekus :deku:, they look creepy, weird and scary, they looks like trees and plants, so I guess I would want to eat him or just to attack it because they are walking bushes.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I think I know why Nintendo but it is kinda wierd. I think it was to show how much being a deku sucks. When I first became a Deku, I thought, "This guy rocks he can walk on water, drop bombs (deku nuts), fly. This guy is cool." But of course, being a deku was intended to be a handicap of sorts at the start of the game, so they put a little annoying dog in that would tackle you to the ground without a moments notice. When the dog first attacked me, it hit me that this guy can't fight at all, he can only do ballet. Before then, there were no enemies to fight and I first realized that a deku wasn't what I wanted to be. Its kind of an akward explanation, but thats all the sense I can make out of it, unless the dog was abused by Dekus as a puppy, and then rescued by a Zora.

On a side note, weren't the agonizing shreiks of pain terrifying when changing species, especially when putting on the Goron mask.

Zarom

The King
I think I know why Nintendo but it is kinda wierd. I think it was to show how much being a deku sucks. When I first became a Deku, I thought, "This guy rocks he can walk on water, drop bombs (deku nuts), fly. This guy is cool." But of course, being a deku was intended to be a handicap of sorts at the start of the game, so they put a little annoying dog in that would tackle you to the ground without a moments notice. When the dog first attacked me, it hit me that this guy can't fight at all, he can only do ballet. Before then, there were no enemies to fight and I first realized that a deku wasn't what I wanted to be. Its kind of an akward explanation, but thats all the sense I can make out of it, unless the dog was abused by Dekus as a puppy, and then rescued by a Zora.

On a side note, weren't the agonizing shreiks of pain terrifying when changing species, especially when putting on the Goron mask.

I always tought the Deku form was fun to play... He doesn't only do ''ballet'' like you said. First, it's a spin attack. He can shooot bubbles, fly and drop Deku Nuts. :deku:

Your theory doesn't have sense... and Link doesn't seem to suffer more with the Goron Mask. :goron: than when he put another one.

But anyway, I want to had a thing: WHen you take the dog while wearing the Mask of Truth, he says something like: ''Where did that Deku Scrub go?...'' :deku: I don't really quite remember the rest.

Ever heard of little dog syndrome? Little dogs don't realize how small they really are. They think they're big tough dogs which is why he tries to attack Deku Link. Deku Link is a small little guy and the dog knows he can take you on.
As for Zora Link, he smells like fish. Dogs LOVE fish!

I always just figured its because they just WANTED the dog to react differantly to every costume. Its as simple as that. However the dog attacking deku kinda makes sense since the dog can probably take him on lol.

Errrr although this is a weird thread, I'll still reply. XD I believe the dog feels offended by the deku scrub. The goron is understandable. And the zora is a fish...idk about the zora.... ._.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
With the Deku Scrub, if you pick up the dog while holding the Mask of Truth, he says he gets really riled up when he sees the Deku Scrub. This could be because he might smell weird to them. I'm not really sure, though. With the Zora, it might be because he looks the most like a man. There's probably a sort of loyalty with the dog to men and since the Zora looks most like a man, this is who he would follow of the three.

Either that or he smells like fish and he likes fish.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Dog's mind on Deku Link: "Moving Bush! Bark! Dafuq? Barbarkbark! Die!! Creepy! Bark!"

Dogs' mind on Zora Link: "Tall! Bark Bark!Powerful! Bark! Arfarfarfarfarf! MASTER!!!!!! Arf!"

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Perhaps the dog wishes to capture Deku Link some that he can have his toilet with him at all times. He's probably afraid that Goron Link will sit on him or something. As for the Zora Link, he must be a fangirl.

:dog: :zora:

Dogs like fish. dogs like zora.
the goron is very large and intimidating, where as the deku scrub is an easy target.. probably the only thing lower than him on the totem pole, so he would attack it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom