• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does your opinions on Zelda games change over time?

I think my opinions about how I view Zelda games generally stays the same but sometimes there is a slight shift. For example, I've gone between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess as my second favorite Zelda game a fair amount. It's Twilight Princess right now but it could easily swing the other way. The HD remakes also help me look at some games that I looked less favorably on, like Link's Awakening, and rate them higher than I did before.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I use to think Ocarina was the best, then TP happened but once again the crown for my favorite Zelda has gone to BotW.
My opinions on Zelda haven't changed much.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Zelda went downhill hard after ALTTP. The series, once about exploration, discovery, and bombing walls to find heartpieces, became about formula. The series settled into a comfortable nook where it never did anything exceptional or new, but was treated well by critics. They became increasingly condescending and linear, removing any kind of player choice and replacing it with long hallways.

Yes, because Zelda 2 had soooo much wall bombing...

thePlinko

ZD Legend
He exists. His only role in the story is to tell you to do things and has the ability to do so from a distance and without asking.

So your reason for disliking him.... is because he’s the medium the game uses to tell you your objective.... like every other game on earth...

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
So your reason for disliking him.... is because he’s the medium the game uses to tell you your objective.... like every other game on earth...

I dislike him because he's a persistent companion character with no development whose only purpose is to feed you quest information, tell you where to go, and physically restrict you from exploring the map.

thePlinko

ZD Legend
I dislike him because he's a persistent companion character with no development whose only purpose is to feed you quest information, tell you where to go, and physically restrict you from exploring the map.

I would tell you all the ways you’re wrong but this isn’t the thread for that, we’re going too far as it is.

There are only 3 examples I know of, and they are...

TP. Never hated it, and I don't even know what my problem with the game was, but it just didn't click with me at first. Over the years though, it really grew on me. Today, I consider it to be the best Zelda ever made, even though it's not my favorite.

BotW. When the game came out, I was nothing if not nauseated; after three years though, my hatred seems to have turned into apathy.

I hated SS ever since I played for about a half hour back in 2011. Today, I hate it even more thanks to watching walkthroughs on YouTube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom