• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Your Chinese Zodiac Animal match up with Your Personality and Lifestyle?

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
What is your animal in the Chinese zodiac? Does it match up with your own personality and lifestyle?

Every year has a corresponding animal in Chinese culture. It goes in this order: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Rooster, Dog and Pig. This year, 2021, is the year of the Ox.

The Chinese zodiac not only predicts your personality, it also supposedly influences your careers, marriage, compatibility, and fortune.

My animal is the Pig.

https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/chinese-zodiac/pig.htm says:

“Pigs are diligent, compassionate, and generous. They have great concentration: once they set a goal, they will devote all their energy to achieving it. Though Pigs rarely seek help from others, they will not refuse to give others a hand. Pigs never suspect trickery, so they are easily fooled.

Generally speaking, Pigs are relatively calm when facing trouble. No matter how difficult the problems are Pigs encounter, they can handle things properly and carefully. They have a great sense of responsibility to finish what they are engaged in.”

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/intro/social_customs/zodiac/pig/ says:

“People born in the Year of the Pig are honest and frank in personality, with chivalrous and gallant manners. They have a calm appearance and a strong heart. They do whatever they want with strength. They are tolerant and optimistic, but not until they become your friends can their virtue, advantages and fidelity to friendship be appreciated. They are quick tempered, but hate arguments and quarreling. They are kind to their loved ones. They are not afraid of difficulties and problems but when faced with them, they try to work them out gradually. They treat friends sincerely and do not tell lies unless they have to. They are lighthearted and usually fall asleep easily.

Putting too much trust and sometimes naïve characteristics may be their shortfalls to point that they can easily fall into traps. Although they are loyal to friends but they actually do not have many friends in return. They are hot-tempered and impulsive and are not good in communication. If they play pranks on people, they won' t know when to stop.”

https://chinesenewyear.net/zodiac/pig/ says:

“Women born in the Pig year are full of excitement. They attend social events whenever possible and treat everyone genuinely. Combined with their easygoing personality, they gain everyone’s trust.

However, they are sometimes over-friendly. In their excitement, they can forget to give others personal space.

They also have good fortune with wealth. As long as they keep at it, the efforts will not go to waste. Though they don’t start with an advantage, their hard work will keep money flowing in.

At home, they are highly organized. If the room is messy, they’d stay up the entire night to clean it up. These women love children too. Playing with children is one of the things that bring them the greatest joy.”

A lot of what it says personality-wise is actually very accurate. I only thing I find incorrect is when it talks about being ‘hot-tempered and impulsive’. I am most definitely the complete opposite of that. I also do not ‘attend social events whenever possible’ haha. I’m way too shy and awkward to want to do that.

So, I find my year to be fairly satisfying. There’s a few inconsistencies, but most of it is, overall, correct.

Is your animal match up with your personality?

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I was also born in a year of the Pig. I suppose some things are accurate about my personality, but others aren't. I don't really care for zodiac signs and horiscopes though, they don't define who I am and I'd much rather make my own decisions than consult the internet for a random daily fortune.

Oh, yeah, of course! That’s also how I feel. I just thought it’s interesting and sometimes amusing to see how close they line up and how they differ. But I don’t believe in any of them though.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
My Zodiac animal is the dragon. Tbh, I don't really fit any of the positives of the dragon male. I'm not a leader type, I'm anything but confident, and my personality isn't one that would make me popular with many people, really.

Moody sounds about right, and I try to be sincere, at least.

Of course, I don't place any stock in the zodiac or horoscopes, but I do appreciate the lore behind it.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Neighhhhhh! Horse here!
People born in a year of the Horse are extremely animated, active and energetic. Horses love to be in a crowd, and they can usually be seen on such occasions as concerts, theater performances, meetings, sporting events, and parties.
With a deft sense of humor, Horses are masters of repartee. They love to take center stage and delight audiences everywhere.
Sometimes, the Horse is a little self-centered, but it doesn't mean that she/he ins't interested in others' problems. Horses are really more cunning than intelligent, and that is probably why most Horse people lack real confidence.

Water Horse1942, 2002Sentimental, irritable, reliable, amicable, always ready to help others, and very charming for friends of the opposite sex.

The most outstanding personality traits possessed by people of horse include hard work and self-reliance. Horses among Chinese Zodiac signs are hard-working and persistent animals, and people born under horse zodiac sign are devoted to their job and strive to do their best in every project they work on. They might take things slow and achieve success steadily, but they believe that effort always pays off. Such individuals are very active, energetic and sociable. They enjoy crowds and go to parties, meetings, sports events and concerts often. Sometimes, horse personality may come across as self-centered and impatient as they often fail to listen to the advice of other people.

Strong personality traits of the horse are being cheerful, romantic, optimistic, passionate, sociable, friendly, with a strong sense of justice, talented, fashionable, perceptive, attentive, insightful and independent. Horse’s weaknesses include being impatient, short-tempered, subjective, influenced by other people’s opinions, vain, arbitrary, arrogant and impulsive.

Some if it is true, but that's just coincidence. Fortune telling are waste of time and money tbh. I mean, is there anything Chinese that is productive? /s
Also, Two characters defined in the above paragraph is contradictory

influenced by other people’s opinions
fail to listen to the advice of other people.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
"People born in a year of the Tiger are brave, competitive, unpredictable, and confident. They are very charming and well-liked by others. But sometimes they are likely to be impetuous, irritable, and overindulged"

see, now you're just making stuff up

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I'm apparently a horse, and apparently, according to one of the links:

Horses are full of energy, albeit a bit too much. Both studious and athletic, they are strong believers of chasing after dreams. Rather than wealth and fame, happiness is what motivates them. They expect others to operate at the same speed as them and don’t understand why others can’t.

Contradicting characteristics come from the fact that they are ever-changing emotions. They have short tempers and become angry quickly. But once it’s over, they forget quickly. They’re biggest fault is that they’re blind to their own faults.

Some aspects are kinda correct, some of them are quite wrong. I also, like SMS, am not big on astrology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom