• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does WWHD Make MM3D More or Less Likely?

Nintendo said that they'd like to release an original game before a remake on at least the 3DS but now we have WW on the horizon which makes the second remake in almost as many years.

Some people are happy that WWHD is now a reality but most seem to still be clamouring for MM3D to appear, so with nintendo having already released OoT3D and now WWHD, do you think it makes it more likely that we'll see MM3D?

Nintendo have never outright said that they are working on MM3D but it could be a possibility if the fans want it, and boy do they want it. So, with 2 remakes now in existence do you think this aids or hinders MM3D's chances of existing some day?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't know exactly what happens, but I'm hoping it does nothing but ensure we're getting MM3D. 3DS, portability, all in one package PLEASE and THANK YOU. Nintendo doesn't even have to give us a Master Quest -- MM was hard enough as it is. Just updated visuals and on the 3DS; I'll be in my field-day trance then. :)

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I don't think MM3D has more or less chance of appearing in general. I think in the near future, it is less likely, but it still could appear later on.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'll quote myself from another thread.

Don't be too upset. If they're making tWW on the Wii U, I guess this blows away my arguments for Majora's Mask not being a 3DS game. While I would love to see MM in the 3DS, I never thought it would happen. I never thought Nintendo would revive a game that failed in the sales...but hey, if they're really gonna bring back tWW despite how bad it did, then MM definitely has a fighting chance.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
It may be too early to tell. If The Wind Waker HD sells well then Nintendo may see real value in more remkaes and Majora's Mask is the obvious choice right now, especially since Nintendo acknowledged they outcry for it. If TWWHD sells poorly it might put Nintendo off remakes for a while. It could go either way and I don't think we can tell what effect TWWHD will have on MM3D just yet.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo stated they wanted to release an original Zelda title for 3DS first.

MM 3D's release largely depends on how TWW HD performs at retail. OoT 3D was a success but everyone knew it would be...it's a remake of the most acclaimed game of all time. With later, less streamlined installments Nintendo wants to measure the success of one release before putting out another.

It makes me afraid that we'll never see MM3DS. I promised I'd never play another new LoZ game until MM3DS, so if we never get MM3DS, well...

Let's put it this way: it has less chance of being remade on the Wii U as quite a few fans wanted. It doesn't really make sense to remake a Sequel to a game that doesn't relate to it. In other words, Majora's mask doesn't happen after the Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass does. So chronologically speaking, remaking Majora's Mask after the Wind Waker HD (or after Zelda U most likely) on the Wii U won't make sense. I still believe Majora's Mask 3D will eventually be made for the 3DS (duh!), The Wind Waker HD is no threat what so ever.

Last edited:
I am 100% confident that MM3DS will be released... when that is, exactly, I have no clue. Nintendo would simply be a bad company if they didn't remake Majora's Mask for the 3DS; an overwhelming amount of the fan-base wants it, and its practically free money since it won't cost much for them to re-vamp graphics and make it compatible with the 3DS.

The only thing that TWWHD does to change my mind about the inevitable (IMO) Majora's Mask re-make is when it will be released. Previously, I thought MM3DS would come before Zelda3DS; simply to hold fans over for the wait. However, since TWWHD is taking on that role, I think MM3DS will come after Zelda3DS. It would be a poor decision on Nintendo's part to make two release two re-makes of previous installments before releasing an altogether knew title.

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
They didnt say MM was the game of choice did they? LTTP is still in the game for being remade on the 3DS instead of MM which is what id must rather see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom