• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Writing Your Name Instead of Link Reduces the Epicness?

My very first file on a Zelda game, for WW, i wrote my name, but after that, for every file, I wrote Link.

I like the ability to use your own name as it makes you feel like YOU are the hero. However I can totally understand why girls with feminine names wouldn't want a (obviously male) Link called "Penelope" or something.

Luckily for me (the shortened version of) my name is unisex, so I get to call him my name (Alex) and still let him be a guy :P

when I was like a little kid, I would always make up some sort of name.
however, now, I just don't feel right using anything other then Link.
the same goes with epona, it has to be link and epona. (:

the_chosen_one of the godesses, Eric , you are epic.
me: why thank you
the chosen one of the godesses, Link , you are epic
me: wish i could be him. he is epic because of me

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
I've tried using a different name instead of Link but I never liked it. It seemed off and sort of a joke when it didn't say Link. I always have my name as Link now (even in other video games like Pokemon or Final Fantasy Tactics Advance) because it just makes it that more awesome.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I don't think it reduces the epicness. It kind of brings you there in a way, since the people are (in a sense) talking to you. I never put Link or my name though. I always pick something else, like with SS I chose Robdued (inside joke). But puting in your name does not reduce the epicness I think.

Well I'm a girl, it would be weird for Link to have a girl name...
I always just go for Link.
But I think using your own name is cool.

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
I usually put Link down. But once when I was playing through OoT I decided to put down the name of one of the characters from Happy Tree Friends. I had to stop after a while because I kept imagining that character instead of Link and it was hilarious. If you've ever seen Happy Tree Friends then you'll see what I mean. The Fire Temple especially made me laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom