• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Writing Your Name Instead of Link Reduces the Epicness?

What's grey?
I used to just call him Link because it flowed well. Now I always name him 'Kitty.'
It just makes everything so much more epic.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
It does! Because Link is an epic name! and sadly the fact that I'm a girl who has a very girly name kinda ruins it... >.<
Link has this mystery to it. Keely doesn't or Erin.... So to sum this up yes adding my name would ruin the epicness of his awesomely Awesome Name Link
:D

The first time I play a game, I always give him some random name. Not even my own name, just some name that sounds nice at that moment.
And somehow the games never felt 'not epic'...
Second time I call him Link and the games don't feel different.

I guess I just don't associate the epicness of the games with Link's name.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Anything I use makes the game extremely epic. Link, Abdullah, Bobby, Mother, Zelda, 555555, etc. It all flows, in my mind, and I love being called "YourMom". Doesn't look grammatically correct, but I still love it!

The Joker

&lt;span style=&quot;text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
Everytime I use a name different from "Link", it actually pulls me out of the game and I find it less enjoyable.

I always prefer to put Link's name in. I don't feel right putting my own name in, partly because I'm a girl, partly because I use a specific gaming name...which is also a girl's name. But I just feel like I don't need to be the hero. I'm the girl sitting in the basement, wrapped up in blankets, saving the world? No, no, no. LINK saves the world. I just play the game<3

U

ultara

If its not linkit feels like im not playing legend of zelda also my name sux if talking Video games

First play of a new zelda I use Link. After that I use my name. I could never just make up a name.

well... i'm a girl, and i'm pretty sure link isn't a girl. seeing the word "lindsey" next to "hero of time" doesn't sound as appealing.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I always use a custom name mostly after my Hockey team or players. It doesn't take away the epicness to me. I mean I play the game and want to see how the game is and not how the name is. So even if he would have been called C3PO or Oompa Loompa doesn't take away the epicness to me

I like to use Link if I am trying to document what is being said by the various characters so that it doesn't get mixed up. My second playthrough of Skyward Sword I used the name Groose and that got confusing at some points of the conversations. But, it really doesn't matter to me. There was even one time that I used an emoticon as my name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom