• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Does Twilight Princess Deserve to Be Called a Disappointment?

I thought that Twilight Princess was better then Ocarina of Time in almost everyway. I don't think that the game was too easy or too hard. OOT was(other then the Water Temple)pretty easy as well.
I thought that TP had one of the best storylines in the whole series. And it had one of the best characters in the series Midna who actually goes through character development(which is rare for Nintendo since they are not big on things like story and character development).

The only downside about Twilight Princess was the lack of side-quest.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
Well, I don't think its fair to call Twilight Princess a "dissapointment". I enjoyed the controls, and the mature design was perfect the the game. Even the title was awsome. I have heard complaints about it, but why? It perfectly fits the game, and you don't know why its called that until its neccessary. Having Midna there, helping you out, and having a large cast of unique characters really made the game shine.

Then again, I admit that it does have its quirks. The boss battles were epic, but to easy. Well, to me, the whole game was a little to easy. I was utterly dissapointed with the final two battles because, being the main villians, I thought they should be ten times as hard to kill as the other bosses. I was mistaken. Also, the lack of side-quests bugged me. It had some goods ones, getting you pieces of heart and rupees, but they're weren't enough to satisfy me when stuck in part of a dungeon.

I think that Nintendo could have improved the game, but very little. It was great, but not perfect. I think we are all still waiting for that perfect Zelda game. But for me, Twilight Princess comes close.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Twilight Princess was nowhere near a disappointment. Yes it was really easy and didn't provide much of a challenge, but it still was everything Zelda. I loved that it was dark because it put a different spin on zelda which I thought was neat, although I think Majora's Mask was WAY darker. It was the second Zelda title I owned and the first for my Wii so it wowed me because of how large the overworld was. We shouldn't let other people's bad comments cloud our judgment because with Zelda fans along with any other series, there will always be the fans that disapprove and point out all the flaws because their views on the game are flawed. I thought Twilight Princess was an amazing game because of the adventure that it provided. I thought the music was great despite what people say about it. Hyrule Field theme was amazing and the updated tracks of Goron City and Zora's Domain were beautiful. Faron Woods theme fit the setting perfectly as it had that sense of mystery and awe among with others in the game. I thought the story was well done except for the part where they just threw in Ganondorf. At first I was happy that that ganondorf was in the game, but looking back on it now it kind of was a flaw to the game because they developed Zant so well into the end where he was revealed to be a clumsy, goofy boss which kind of threw me off. Despite those flaws it was still an amazing game.

Nicole

luke is my wife
It depends on which way you look at it, really. Twilight Princess was hyped up to be something spectaular, something that would most certainly dethrone Ocarina of Time atop the Zelda pedestal. When the hype grew to the levels it did, it was impossible for Twilight Princess not to fall short of expectations. In that respect, you could say it was disappointing. However, I believe as a game, it was nowhere near a disappointment.

Twilight Princess was the first game I ever played, so I felt its difficulty was fine. It was a great introduction to the Zelda series for me. So for a newbie to the Zelda series, it was certainly not a disappointment. I stayed up past midnight for weeks playing Twilight Princess when I first rented it from Blockbuster. I loved, and still do, every aspect of the game, even the Twilight, the difficulty, and the "brownish" graphics. (Personally, I don't see how TP's graphics were overly brown, but....)

Was it a disappointment? For some, yes. But it wasn't for me. Does it deserve to be called a disappointment? Not in my opinion.

I completely agree with Kybyrian, people need to stop being such critics. And for those people who think that it is just a horrible copy of OoT and other 3D zelda games (and i do know some people on here who do), just know that I have played OoT, MM, and WW before i played TP, and it is one of my favorite games, even after I compare it with those three. SO, dont judge a game too harshly, youll never find a game without some flaws in it.

Ganondork

goo
TP was definately not a disappointment. Sure, some of it was a bit like OoT, but so were the OoX games. It's just coincidental that you do a few similar things. You can't judge something just because you came across a game kind of like a game before it. If so, Call of Duty is a knock off of any war game, but all of those tools still play Black Ops mindlessly killing each other. TP had it's own set of genius behind it, graphics, controls, storyline. It merely lacked side-quests, but I found the game to be lengthy enough for the absence of side-quests to not be noticeable.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
It was in no way a dissapointment. I love Twilight Princess more than any Zelda game I have ever played, basicaly, it's my Ocarina of Time. So many things about it were so much fun, they trump out all the bad things, like the wolf segments, and the emptiness of Hyrule. I first played it in 2010, so I hadn't experienced all the hyped that Zelda fans did in 2006, so I didn't have excedingly high hopes for it... it was the best video game I had ever played...

in my opinion, twilight princess was an amazing game. sure, it's a bit easy, mostly in the early areas, but thats not really a bad thing. also, it was the only zelda game i really considered to have beautiful art, though WW came close in it's own way. the story, bosses and dungeon design were all really cool, too.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

No, of course, Twilight Princess was not a disappointment at all. I loved the game to death the first time I played it, especially with it being my first motion-controlled game ever (bar Wii Sports, if that even counts). Then when I finished the game and got on the Zelda Elements forums (of which I was a member at the time) to start talking about how amazing it was, people were suddenly railing on it. I was shocked, to say the least. I hadn't noticed any real flaws when playing the game, except maybe Ganondorf being thrown in so suddenly, but even then he's still a wonderful villain who, in many aspects, was done better this time around than in his previous appearances. There seemed to be a complaint that it was too easy, too, but I honestly did not notice that at all when playing it. What was important for me was how fun it was, not how hard it was, and it was a heck of a lot of fun for me, especially with the boss fights.

Anyone who thinks Twilight Princess was a disappointment are seeking perfection. True, it wasn't perfect, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a spectacular game. If you want every game to be absolutely perfect, I'm sorry, but you're going to get bored of Ocarina of Time pretty quickly.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
TP is a great zelda game, but it did not really fulfil the expectations of most zelda fans, including me. Especialy after the whole hype because westren fans wanted a realistic zelda game. Not to mention the countless delays during the time.

-Diffcullty was way too easy, i actually had more trouble with OOT,MM and WW compared to TP.
-Game was a little too liniar.
-More action! Such a big overworld with a few enemies. I really hoped they would have filled it up with lots of of enemies, like in Alttp.

The game itself is not a dissapointment, but it could have been way better then this.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
TP is a great zelda game, but it did not really fulfil the expectations of most zelda fans, including me. Especialy after the whole hype because westren fans wanted a realistic zelda game. Not to mention the countless delays during the time.

-Diffcullty was way too easy, i actually had more trouble with OOT,MM and WW compared to TP.
-Game was a little too liniar.
-More action! Such a big overworld with a few enemies. I really hoped they would have filled it up with lots of of enemies, like in Alttp.

The game itself is not a dissapointment, but it could have been way better then this.

That's what people get for hyping something up. Never hype something and it will (almost) never be a disappointment.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
That's what people get for hyping something up. Never hype something and it will (almost) never be a disappointment.

I can't blame those people, during the time TP really was hype worthy. Everyone went wild when they saw the first trailer. I think the hype of TP was unavoidable.

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
I've got to say, in my opinion, Ocarina of Time wasn't the best. Sure it was a great game in its time, but Majora's Mask was way better. As was Twilight Princess. I have very little problems with Twilight Princess though. The only things I can really complain about are:
1. The Occa sort of freaked me out a little.
2. Ganondorf WAS really kind of chucked in the storyline, but it wasn't too bad.
3. No sidequests, (heart pieces were simple to get with the Fortune Teller)

The good things: THE MUSIC IS AWESOME! In my opinion, it's some of the best that Zelda's ever put out there. The overworld was large and fun to explore. The dungeons were well planned out. The items were amazing! In terms of the story line, I would like to see any of those critics come up with a better one. Really, the only problem with the storyline is Ganondorf. being chucked in there. This game has absolutely no reason to be deemed as a disappointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom