• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does the Twili have anything to do with what happened in the Shadow Temple?

With the way Midna treated Link at the beginning of Twilight Princess I was wondering if it was possible that the Interlopers had somehow raged War against the Hylians, and was punished in the Shadow Temple before being banished into the Twilight Realm. The eye on Midna's helmet and the words, " here lies Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred," or something to that effect all over the walls. It would make sense. If not for the geographical location, but that's never been a one to one thing in Zelda games.

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
It would explain why Midna was so hostile to Link and why she wanted the mirror shattered even after Link and Zelda more than proved themselves.

It would also explain why Midna acted like she was in the war zone. And why is seems like she was talking to an enemy soldier, in enemy turf like you said in the shout box. But another reason why she would act that way is due to do mental scars of historical text if it were true.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that it falls along with the timeline.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Well a lot of people think the Twili are connected to the Shiekah, that perhaps there was a schism within the tribe and the corrupted sect that emerged from that was the Dark Interlopers. I always just took the way Midna acts as resentment of the Light Realm simply because the gods banished them out of it.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
yea you get a few twil saying they want the light and theu resent the hylians... also Thelma the bar lady shes seems sheikah..

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I once started a thread inquiring as to when the Interlopers were banished from Hyrule. The general consensus put the event sometime during or after the Hylian Civil War - perhaps even as a culmination of the war as part of the King of Hyrule's efforts to unify the races. I presume that the King rallied the races against the Interlopers as part of unifying the country and eliminating the biggest threat to it in the process. Once the Interlopers had been banished, an alliance was struck between the Hylians and the Goron and Zora tribes and presumably the Gerudo as well, if even a tentative one in the latter's case at least.

Therefore, the Interloper's banishment would have been pretty recent to the events of Ocarina of Time. I always got the sense that a lot of the sick and twisted stuff around Hyrule stemmed from the recent civil war. The undead beneath Hyrule field, the Forest Temple and yes, the Shadow Temple.

Shadow and Twilight are practically synonymous with each other. Coincidence? If the Interlopers were a dominant threat, then their presence in the Shadow Temple could have been significant. It could have been a dungeon holding and processing a large number of Interloper POWs and it could be that the Interloper's negative energy accounts for a large portion of the temple's evil.

However, it is unknown to what extent the Interlopers were affiliated with darkness and shadow before being banished to the Twilight Realm. It is strongly implied if not outright stated that the Twilight Realm is not the Interloper's place of origin, and that the Interlopers became the Twili after exposure to the twilight. If darkness or twilight was their element before their banishment, then it could imply a connection to the shadow temple. But we simply don't know this. The only solid evidence I can think of to suggest that the Interlopers were in any way associated with darkness is the manner in which they are metaphorically depicted in the Light Spirt's vision to Link as doppleganger's of Link with dark shadowy complexions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom