• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Does the Series Beneift from Its Scarcity?

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Zelda games typically take a while to make. We get one or two main entries on a console, and they're usually towards the beginning and end of its life cycle. Could the series benefit from more entries? I mean it could allow for more experimentation with a console's capabilities. Better world-building and lore. The added entries could even allow for more spin-off and unorothodox games. There's a danger of qualitative decline, but I'm just not sure.

Big Octo

=^)
Having more time between each title of the series allows more time to savor, enjoy, and appreciate the most recent game. The series seems like it would get dull and bland very quickly if games were released every year.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I've made the observation that Zelda games fundamentally aren't too different from each other, with the most recent titles changing merely HOW we do things, not WHAT we're doing (i.e the control scheme games being PH ST SS). Thus, I believe the series would benefit from being annualized. Truthfully, I never feel a Zelda game is "new", I'm just heavily biased and say that a Zelda game is great and all that jazz.

But, being annualized definitely means less quality, and less room to experiment. So...all I can say is :hmm:

DarkLink17

Well then
Having more time between each title of the series allows more time to savor, enjoy, and appreciate the most recent game. The series seems like it would get dull and bland very quickly if games were released every year.

Exactly my thoughts, and there would definitely be a decline in the quality of each game if they were released more often. Nintendo would not have enough time to create the great "masterpieces" we call Zelda games in only a year.

If they made more Zelda games then they do make, they would be not as great, as having only 2 or so on a console. The game time would drop, due to having to complete the game, the quality would drop, and it would be rushed, and not polished. I like to see how they are doing it, and take their time with it, so they can make an amazing Zelda game. Also the long periods of time with no Zelda games, would get people to complete the other ones that they haven't beat yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom