• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does the Original Master Sword Exist in Wind Waker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The change in length was to fit the games overall style- no more. Stop looking/hoping for different meanings when the answer is pretty obvious lol.

man, peopole think too critically about the size. if toon link carried a master sword 3 times the size of him, the game wud be really awkward

WW Ganon was defeated by the sword so he sought out the sages that prayed to keep its power and killed them, thus the sword lost power. In TP Ganon is unaware of the sword and does not kill the sages that pray to keep its power.
He did kill a sage. But that would then boil down to whether or not WW sages are of the same role as OoT sages.
The rest of your post I have already answered... somewhere

Djinn

and Tonic
Normally in situations like this I think it is best to just use the in game text. There are numerous mentions of the master sword being the same one used by the Hero of Time which can only refer to Link from OoT.

You got the Master Sword!
The legendary blade with the power
to repel evil...once wielded by the
legendary hero himself!

Now, take the sword that lies before you.

It is none other than the Master Sword...
The blade of evil's bane.

It is the only sword that can banish
Ganon from the world above!

Now when they say legendary hero they have to be talking about a previous Link, or hero that once saved Hyrule. Well there is a reference to him as well.

Long ago, there existed a kingdom where
a golden power lay hidden.

It was a prosperous land blessed with green
forests, tall mountains, and peace.

But one day a man of great evil found the
golden power and took it for himself...

With its strength at his command, he
spread darkness across the kingdom.

But then, when all hope had died, and the
hour of doom seemed at hand...

...a young boy clothed in green appeared
as if from nowhere.

Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed
the dark one away and gave the land light.

This boy, who traveled through time to save
the land, was known as the Hero of Time.

The Hero of Time can only mean Link of OoT. And many sources such as Fado, Laruto, and King Daphness all state that the master sword you carry was the original Hero's sword as well.

He did kill a sage. But that would then boil down to whether or not WW sages are of the same role as OoT sages.
The rest of your post I have already answered... somewhere

You must have rushed through both games, the Sages roles are different. The roles of the Sages are stated in both games.

The master sword in WW is similar to the one in the oracle series. Both were made under different circumstances which leaves it interesting to ponder on the sword and it's creation.

They state roles but do not indicate whether there are roles outside of those mentioned or seen that they are also fulfilling.

Well actually they do: "My name is Laruto. I am a Zora sage. For an age, I offered my prayers here in the Earth Temple, praying that the power to repel evil would ever remain within the Master Sword."- That's from the Wind Waker.

Fado says something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom