• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does the inclusion of Ganondorf in BotW2 make BotW's story retroactively more interesting to you?

BotW made a big deal of Calamity Ganon, crediting him with not one but two attempts at destroying Hyrule, one in the distant past and one in Link's lifetime.

BotW seems to position Calamity Ganon as a new form of the Ganon we knew. But now it is entirely possible that Calamity Ganon was no more the true Ganon than the Blights were because of the inclusion of Ganondorf himself in BotW2's reveal trailer.

Does knowing that Ganondorf's body is somewhere out there in BotW's world make things feel more interesting to you?

Or do you now feel that Calamity Ganon was nothing but a time wasting preamble before the main event?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Not unless they do something interesting with him.

Ganondorf keeps finding himself in an unfortunate position. At best, Zelda games always pretend that they're going to develop him in some meaningful way. The Ganondorf of Wind Waker has a line or two about evil desert winds or whatever, before pulling two swords out of hammerspace and jumping around like an acrobat. At worst, his characterization is no better than subpar fanfiction, with him looking through a window or showing up to usurp Zant or whatever.

So, no. Ganondorf's inclusion doesn't make me more interested. Honestly, I'd be more interested if we saw something closer to that rehydrated Ganondorf idea that floated around for a couple weeks after the first and only BotW2 trailer:

1585818720963.png

The idea behind the Good Guy Ganon comics is that the Calamity we defeated in BotW was Demise, and that defeating it freed Ganon from its millennia-long control. That's much more interesting to me than some zombie Ganon turning dramatically to the camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom