• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does the Future Scare You at All?

Night Owl

~Momentai
Nah, the past is so much scarier. You think it's gone and then you run for office and find that people are blaming you for stuff somebody else did at a party you weren't even aware of it comes back to haunt you.

I find the immediate future to scare me more than the far future. I sometimes get so stressed and overwhelmed by things that I need to do, that my brain just locks down. Anything further in the future isn't as scary because I figure I'll burn that bridge when I get there.

I am especially terrified for the future of the US. Both of our presidential candidates are sociopaths and I am truly scared about what they might do to our country. As far as my own future, that also can be a little scary. I really have no idea what will happen. I just need to ride it out and see what happens I guess.

Raven Storm

Paint the world black and grey
I try not to think about it so much. I tend to dwell on the past a lot instead. The future is what it is, no point worrying about the inevitable.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Oh definitely. I use that fear to motivate myself to push forward. Because even if I fail, at the end of the day, I can say i tried.

Agent of Majora

Herald of the Consumer
I think rn the only people who need be afraid of the future are the Americans tbh
Well, the Americans and the countries that mooch off of them for free military defense while Russia is building fallout shelters and firing up its old tanks in Eastern Europe, ISIS is rampaging across the globe and Kim Jong-un is giddily playing with nuclear missiles like they were model rockets.

"But you tell me over and over and over again my friend,
Ah, you don't believe we're on the Eve of Destruction."

Typically, the future doesn't scare me. What does scare me about the future is the increased lack of privacy and prevalence of AI at the hands of scary companies like Google and Facebook. Elon Musk and Bill Gates, some of the greatest tech pioneers of all time, said its important to have a healthy fear of AI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom