• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Does the Auto Jump Annoy You?

Vanitas Remnant

You've done it, Ventus.
Iowa, or Hell. They're both the same thing.
I remember when I got my first Zelda game, TWW.

I spent an hour and a half trying to find the jump button...

It doesn't annoy me, though. I wish other games had stuff like that, especially Sonic. I can't count how many times I was supposed to jump, but fell to my death...

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I think it works great, anyway, the game is designed around this feature, so you don't need it...

Djinn

and Tonic
I really hated it at first, but normally when a move is automatic like that it annoys me. It makes me think that I do not have any control over a very important elements of movement in the game and that always bothers me. I did eventually get used to it and now I pretty much expect Link to make a jump when I run close to a ledge. There is still the occasional moment when I wish I could control when he jumps when running off something but it is not as annoying as it was when I first played. Mostly during those times when Link either does not jump quite right or jumps in the wrong direction from where I was swinging. This is a bit more common in Wind Waker than just about any other Zelda game. Because of that I actually wished there was something like a Roc's Cape in the game somewhere. It gave me exactly what I wanted, control over jumping when meeting obstacles.

Fig

The Altruist
I don't mind the auto jump in the series! It actually makes it unique and iconic for the series! It still wouldn't hurt to add a Roc's Cape/Feather every once in a while though! :)

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
not at all, saves on those annoying occasions when you'd press the jump button a TAD too late and end up falling to your doom

Braivety

FPT | Breb
No I actually love the auto jump. It's a really classic and creative way to make Zelda awesome. It's a classic thing that needs to be in every Zelda. Plus, it usually saves people a lot of time from falling off.

Wizzrobe

Mask Collector
I like the auto-jump and I don't mind not having a button jump because I feel like the auto-jump is a part of the series so I am used to it.

Last edited:
Like others have said, I only ever even notice it if I have been spending a lot of time playing a game like Mario. I always get used to it pretty quickly, though. I like the auto-jump feature, I think it works well, and I would be concerned if the designers changed it in the future. I'd worry that a 3D Zelda without auto-jump just... wouldn't feel like Zelda. :)

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
It's funny, because I never even think about it anymore.

I'm so used to playing Zelda games (there are few games that I love as much as the series) that jump buttons are actually the oddities for me, and they take more time to get used to than the auto jump. I am so, so, so awful at platforming games like Mario.

I agree. I can't even imagine a Zelda game without autojump, and I absolutely SUCK at platforming games. The feature fits very well in with the games, so I think it should stay like that for the rest of the series. It doesn't bother me at all, in fact, I really enjoy it.

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
The auto jump is helpful, not annoying. Its really helpful to people who might forget controls. If you forgot to press the jump button, then you would fall. Well fall no more, because the Auto jump has been added to the Zelda series!

It annoyed me when i first played OoT on the N64 all them years ago. Can remember thinking...what kind of hero...cant jump unless its a backflip, to the side or by running off a ledge :P but i quickly got used to it

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Usualy not really, auto jump makes jumping easeier, you dont have to push a button, the only frusterating part is when you accidently jump of a cliff you had spent 15 minutes climbing up and rage quit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom