• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Raichu Suck?

MarkaenShoque92

Hero of Hoenn
Depends on the tier. In OU, he really doesn't stand a chance versus most Pokemon, but he rocks in the lower tiers (I think). However, there can be a truly bad Pokemon. Just look at Caterpie and Magikarp.

lets be real here. raichu sucks if you eveolve pikachu learns all of its moves. but if you can wait long enough i feel like it can handle itself through gameplay, the elite fours and such. but if were talking competitive play hes probably not your best choice

I have always used a Raichu in my Pokemon party. I like Raichu's agility and special attack. If you give him Thunder, he can take out water types quickly. But I never really tried using a Raichu on anything else so I really do not know. But ya like anyone else said, it really depends on what moves the Pokemon has that determines how well it's going to do. Stats are not always everything.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
If you keep fainting while using a Raichu, then yeah, you suck. If not, it's the best Speed-like Pokemon to use at a early time. Not to mention it's Special attack. Though it's relatively below average defense is somewhat troublesome.

If it can endure hits, it's a keeper. If it can kill in one turn and keep on killing, it's Zeus' Thunder and Lightning, if it can defeat a ground/Rock/Steel Pokemon despite it's type disadvantage, it's unique.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
I love Raichu its always been one of my favourite pokemon to use. But Jolteon is a more impressive electric pokemon with its amazing speed and better special attack.

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
You can't say that a Pokemon sucks, you have to know how to use it and then you can master it, any Pokemon can be awesome if you know how to use it.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
Stats aside I really like Raichu. It's a really cool Pokemon! :D

While I have no knowledge of which are or not, nor do I particularly care because I like using the Pokemon that appeal to me... it is actually a fact that some Pokemon are just objectively better or worse than others, and some are really, really terrible.
No pokemon are particularly terrible some just have better stats than others. My brother beat the mewtwo in silver and gold with a rattata, level one, so it doesn't really matter the stats so much more of movesets and items they're holding. While stats are important, in my opinion, emphasis on opinion, they don't matter much. alot of it comes down to luck.

:love: TheVampireSlaye

Brodogs

Competitive TF2 Medic
While I have no knowledge of which are or not, nor do I particularly care because I like using the Pokemon that appeal to me... it is actually a fact that some Pokemon are just objectively better or worse than others, and some are really, really terrible.

Some people have alluded to it but I think I'll flesh it out a bit.
Raichu (B/W) - Smogon University

In a competitive sense, Raichu falls into the NU (Neverused) tier. While it's usefulness in the standard OU tier (Overused - strong but not overpowered Pokemon) is very limited, it plays a role as a specially-based sweeper or choiced attacker in some of the lower tiers (you could run a physically based set given its base Attack is 90 as is its special attack), but it's new Dream World ability Lightningrod allows special sets to add that extra punch with some prediction.

So yes, while some Pokemon are objectively better at a role than another Pokemon, the competitive tiering system allows almost all Pokemon to play a role. The Pokemon that see no play are generally NFE (Not Fully Evolved) though even these can hold an Evolite to increase their usefulness (Chansey is tiered in OU as well as Blissey) so really there's no stopping anyone running any Pokemon on their team - they just need to find a way to maximise its usefulness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom