• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Nintendo Need New Management?

Does Nintendo need new management?

• Iwata needs to go

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reggie needs to go

• They both need to go

• They both should stay

• Total voters
I hear a lot of things said about Nintendo these days, and a lot of it is criticism. I've heard people say that they're stuck in the past, that Satoru Iwata lacks the 'killer instinct' a good CEO needs, even that Reggie Fils-Aime needs the boot too. With 25 year old franchises still being relied on (with a few exceptions) and an underpowered and poorly selling system, I think there may be some grounds to these accusations.

What do you think? Does Nintendo need to replace their higher-ups and get something fresh?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
No. This is the same dribble that came out of people not even seven years ago. Nintendo doesn't need new management, or even fresh ideas. People said the GameCube would be the death of Nintendo. They said the Wii would be the death of Nintendo. Now they're saying the Wii U will be the death of Nintendo. I say we should let Nintendo die out (assuming it ever will). Replacing the management will only quicken Nintendo's death - that I'm sure of.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
It's way too early to even consider it, really. Sure, Nintendo's not booming, but it's not like they're failing. People tend to see any negative news and think a company's in trouble forgetting they've got billions stored away in their giant bank account. They're fine, I say stay.

It's way too early to even consider it, really. Sure, Nintendo's not booming, but it's not like they're failing. People tend to see any negative news and think a company's in trouble forgetting they've got billions stored away in their giant bank account. They're fine, I say stay.

Good points. I personally think that Iwata's fine for another year and a half or so for sure, but if Wii U isn't doing much better by then, new management should at least be considered.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
super mario all-stars anniversary
new super mario bros 2
new super mario bros u
paper mario sicker star
zelda skyward sword [to some some people]
metroid other m
zelda link b/w worlds
donkey kong country tropical freeze
mario 3d world
no star fox
no f-zero
idiotic pokemon designs [trash bag,ice cream,a freaking chandelier]
low wii u sales

its clear SOMETHING has to change

Keeseman

Smash is Life
No! What would I (and half of ZD) do without Reggie?!?!

In all seriousness, though, they really don't. This is just crap that they're getting right now, and just for the Wii U. They're going through a bit of a rough period, but they will carry on. When the new games come out soon (Pikmin 3, SSB4, Mario Mart 8, etc.), sales will pick up.

And look how well the 3DS did. You can't ignore that these guys managed pretty much the greatest handheld console gaming has ever had (Imo), and sales have been great. These guys haven't failed drastically. The Wii U is just having a rough start. That's the only reason the Internet is looping on them, and they really don't deserve it.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
new super mario bros 2
New Super Mario Bros Wii
new super mario bros u
New Super Lugui U
paper mario sicker star
zelda skyward sword [to some some people]
metroid other m
zelda link b/w worlds
donkey kong country tropical freeze
mario 3d world
no star fox
no f-zero
idiotic pokemon designs [trash bag,ice cream,a freaking chandelier]
low wii u sales

You missed a few NSMB games, I'll give the first one a pass, after all it was the first one that was "New" (and its good to see a return to sidescrolling platforms, just give us better music and do more then pretty much copy paste the games)

The pokemon thing, isn't just that they aren't animals any more, they had some pretty strange gen 1 pokemon too. It just feels like they've become, too friendly and ackwardly animated.... Its hard to explain whats wrong with the pokemon, its like an overlying artistic style change.

And its cool that every generation has its own feel, but x and y, is clearly taking after black and white a bit too much in that department. Don't get me wrong I still plan on getting the game, I just wish they'd understand that gen 5 was kinda bad in terms of art design. The game itself played exactly like you'd want it too. And there were a hand full of kinda cool pokemon they added, there was also just a huge heap of badly designed ones.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
You missed a few NSMB games, I'll give the first one a pass, after all it was the first one that was "New" (and its good to see a return to sidescrolling platforms, just give us better music and do more then pretty much copy paste the games)

please....don't bring up the luigi one...THAT DON'T EXIST [<---denial]
also i didn't mention the wii version b/c there was a 3 year gap b/w that and the ds one,which is fine as opposed to a freaking 2 month gap [probably an exaggeration];besides as you can see i was mainly naming stuff from like 2010 onwards

The pokemon thing, isn't just that they aren't animals any more, they had some pretty strange gen 1 pokemon too. It just feels like they've become, too friendly and ackwardly animated.... Its hard to explain whats wrong with the pokemon, its like an overlying artistic style change.

And its cool that every generation has its own feel, but x and y, is clearly taking after black and white a bit too much in that department. Don't get me wrong I still plan on getting the game, I just wish they'd understand that gen 5 was kinda bad in terms of art design. The game itself played exactly like you'd want it too. And there were a hand full of kinda cool pokemon they added, there was also just a huge heap of badly designed ones.
i know strange pokemon designs & choices were around since the beginning,but i just freaking lost it after i saw the ice cream one,its like they hit a new low

Last edited:
please....don't bring up the luigi one...THAT DON'T EXIST [<---denial]

Wow. What seems to be your problem? After playing New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U, those are amazing games for the Wii U and are pretty good games to play on it. Sure, it's lame that it's just a 2D Mario Platform, but it pretty much harkens back to the day of Super Mario World and is just as great. It's one of the all time best 2D Mario Games to be released and it's worth every penny.

Reactions: Dan

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Wow. What seems to be your problem? After playing New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U, those are amazing games for the Wii U and are pretty good games to play on it. Sure, it's lame that it's just a 2D Mario Platform, but it pretty much harkens back to the day of Super Mario World and is just as great. It's one of the all time best 2D Mario Games to be released and it's worth every penny.

i wouldn't have a problem if two things had been done....or not done,whatever:
1.new super mario bros 2 should NOT have existed;its completely pointless considering there's already a 3ds mario title and you can just get the wii or wii u one
2.the wii u version should have done way more to deviate itself from the fist two so it won't feel as recycled as it does,changing some sound effects would've been a nice start

I don't know if its Iwata or Reggie who needs to go,but there's definitly someone who has to,to stop all those casual games to come out.

i wouldn't have a problem if two things had been done....or not done,whatever:
1.new super mario bros 2 should NOT have existed;its completely pointless considering there's already a 3ds mario title and you can just get the wii or wii u one
2.the wii u version should have done way more to deviate itself from the fist two so it won't feel as recycled as it does,changing some sound effects would've been a nice start
1. Okay, shocking news, but not evryone has a wii or wii u, and plenty of people prefer games like Mario on the go. Also, most ystems have more thn one Mario game in case you didn't notice.
2. Changing the sound effects would probaby been one of the most pointless adjustments they coul've made. I highly doubt that they would get a single person more to huy it from changing the sound effects.

Fig

The Altruist
I do not think that Nintendo should change their management. Sure Nintendo may have the sale that they want, but hey, they are still surviving right? People kept saying that the Nintendo 64 was the last good console that Nintendo ever created and it will die once the new generation of gaming comes along. Sure, Nintendo is not as successful as any Microsoft or Sony fan will say, but so long as they produce something, us fans will fangirl like crazy because we just like Nintendo. I bet even if Nintendo just decides to make a new Tetris game, we as fans would be excited with glee and joy, not because it's a new game, game series, or even new game mechanic/gimmick, but because Nintendo just simply decided to produce it.

This is my personal quote on what I believe what will happen to Nintendo:

So long as they make crazy stuff and games, Nintendo fans will still be happy and buy the games/consoles just simply because it is Nintendo.

With that, said I don't think Nintendo will die off sometime soon.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
1. Okay, shocking news, but not evryone has a wii or wii u, and plenty of people prefer games like Mario on the go. Also, most ystems have more thn one Mario game in case you didn't notice.
2. Changing the sound effects would probaby been one of the most pointless adjustments they coul've made. I highly doubt that they would get a single person more to huy it from changing the sound effects.
1.uh news flash,3ds backwards compatible w/ ds games,meaning they can easily get the DS VERSION
2.i said its a start,i didn't say thats all they needed to do

new super mario bros 2 - Sure.
new super mario bros u - Lolno.
paper mario sicker star - Sure
zelda skyward sword [to some some people] - In that case, I guess MM, WW, and TP should be listed here too since this happens with EVERY Zelda game.
metroid other m - Debatable
zelda link b/w worlds - What? This confuses me.
donkey kong country tropical freeze - Boo hoo, it wasn't Star Fox/F-Zero, that doesn't make it a bad game.
mario 3d world - Watch gameplay videos and THEN tell me it was a mistake.
no star fox - Irrelevant. but k.
no f-zero - Irrelevant, but k.
idiotic pokemon designs [trash bag,ice cream,a freaking chandelier] - Yeah, just like a magnet, ball, and freaking pile of sludge. I can play this game too, the only difference is that I'm objectively correct.
low wii u sales K.

It's clear that you have no idea what you're talking about. Furthermore, the only change is that Nintendo needs to get more business oriented reps out there, people that know how to market Nintendo. The solution isn't to remove Iwata. He is both the President of Nintendo and a game designer, which I think is fantastic. He understands video games and isn't a money hungry corporate pig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom