• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Nintendo expect us to believe this?

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
It's not the first time that Nintendo has made false claims like this. Last big one was when they claimed that the DS and DS lite simply didn't have the hardware to run GB and GBC games even though modders who were able to get the cartridges inserted anyway found they ran just fine like they did on a GBA. At the time it was clearly an excuse to keep selling GBAs, which stayed on the market for a while. And in this case it's the exact same thing, a blatant lie meant to just boost sales of the New 3DS.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
My old, knock-off, generic phone can emulate ALTTP flawlessly. Older 3DS models definitely can handle it.

Dan

3DS original could emulate SNES in it's sleep. PSP could emulate SNES in its sleep. There is 0 reason they are not working on 3DS besides wanting people to switch to the NEW 3DS.

I'm not sure if that's strictly true. True many devices can emulate an old console to a certain degree, I remember the PSP struggled emulating some SNES games, slow downs for certain games occurred. I was using a first model PSP if it makes any difference. Software also matters, perhaps the snes emulator for PSP hadn't been perfected yet.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm not sure if that's strictly true. True many devices can emulate an old console to a certain degree, I remember the PSP struggled emulating some SNES games, slow downs for certain games occurred. I was using a first model PSP if it makes any difference. Software also matters, perhaps the snes emulator for PSP hadn't been perfected yet.
They already know the 3DS can emulate SNES games sufficely because people have done it.

I never experienced any slow down with any of mine, if anything some games ran too fast. You probably were using an early build. You could also overclock 1000's.. anyway, and 3DS is way way more powerful than PSP.

D

Deleted member 14134

It's just a way to try to get people to buy the new 3DS. I won't be surprised if Nintendo soon announces that the old 3DS will be obsolete with all future games.

I doubt Nintendo willingly left so much money on the table by not giving the original 3DS SNES VC support. It's probably a result of their programmers being incompetent. Though the greatest irony in all of this is that old games are the New 3DS's strongest selling points. First there was Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, then the special Pokémon 20th Anniversary New 3DS models, and now SNES games on Virtual Console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom