• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Making Fun of Zelda Annoy You?

I once said it is okay to laugh at some things in Zelda, from a character, to an event, to Ganondorf's hair in Twilight Princess. However, are there moments where people you know make mean spirited cracks at the series? And how do you respond?

Is it someone you know who isn't into games, like a parent, so he just talks down about them and how they "promote violence and sex"?

Is it some annoying kid born after 1998 who only plays FPS and thinks that makes him hardcore and mocks something with actual effort and ideas thrown in and you tell him to go to sleep?

Is it a jerk of an instructor who acts like a real life internet troll and calls it, the characters and people who love it "gay"?

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
No making fun of Zelda doesn't bother me at the slightest. I think that making fun of something as a joke is paying respect to it. Now after saying that, I make fun of Zelda constantly. I make fun of it because I understand it and when it comes down to it, there is so many possible things to make fun of. I don't know about you but if you get annoyed by it that really shows that you get offended just by someone stating their opinion. I remember one incident when Turo said that he hated Alttp and two people jumped on him immediatly saying it was a great game. I said that too, but in a less rude manor. Turo later said that he was making a joke and that he hasn't even played it yet XD.

triq267

Just a relatable ghost trying to spook it up
My sister makes fun of it and I want to punch her in the face. I say, play it, and if you still dislike it, you suck. If you can't tell I hate people who make fun of Zelda games.

Does Link have some kind of degenerative brain disorder? Seriously, I can swing sticks around just as well now as I could seven years ago, why can't he!?

Naw, it doesn't bother me when people make fun of it. I do it myself. I still enjoy the games, though.

If they don't like it, that's their opinion. Chances are I probably don't like a number of games they like.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
That depends on the kind of joke you refer to. Jokes about something like Zelda can be many things, derogative, good-natured, and many others that I have probably forgotten to mention. It depends mostly on how the person telling the joke intended it.

Anonymous said:
Maybe Zelda can learn how to talk so I don't have to read lines of text while he makes stupid cute annoying noises.

This is a random comment I found at a gaming site. You can clearly see the individual who made it doesn't know the game he/she is talking about. I guess the main reason you might see so is because he refers to Link as "Zelda", probably because of the common misconception that a game is usually named after the main character.

Anyway, that kind of jokes are the kind that would annoy me. The ones that are clearly meant to offend.

I guess you might find some examples of more good-natured jokes here:

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?19333-Wtf-nintendo-logic
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?20214-Nintendo-SO-SNEAKY.

There's many ways you could take the jokes, but this is mainly the way I do. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Yes it does. They make fun of it, without bothering to play the game. You can make an opinion about a game, until you play it. For example, I am the ONLY person at my school who plays Zelda. Every other person plays COD. They know I play zelda, and they make fun of ME because I play it. If they made fun of the game, thats different. They are making fun of ME, and I hate that. They can't make fun of the game either, because they have NOT played it. It doesn't work that way. If your going to make fun of a game, at least play it first. For example, I HATE COD. I can say that, because, I have played it before. My friends can't make fun of Zelda because they have not played it before. So yeah, it bugs me, it bugs me a lot.

No making fun of Zelda doesn't bother me at the slightest. I think that making fun of something as a joke is paying respect to it. Now after saying that, I make fun of Zelda constantly. I make fun of it because I understand it and when it comes down to it, there is so many possible things to make fun of. I don't know about you but if you get annoyed by it that really shows that you get offended just by someone stating their opinion. I remember one incident when Turo said that he hated Alttp and two people jumped on him immediatly saying it was a great game. I said that too, but in a less rude manor. Turo later said that he was making a joke and that he hasn't even played it yet XD.

No someone slagging off or making fun of Zelda does not annoy me.

By a person making fun of it shows that it grabs their attention.

Really if someone makes fun of a game saying its no good that is their opinion,it should noy annoy you.

But if they stand over saying it constantly it will get to you.

Very harsh spmeone being jumped on by twp others because he said he did not like LttP.

geek4887

The Unknown
I have no problem if they make fun of it, but when they degrade it, well, let's just say you never hear of that person again (just kidding). It's ok if it's some petty remark like, oh, i don't like that game,I'll respect that. But when someone degrades the game like that benzaie idiot or whatever, i just get pissed. Like, he should try the game first, before making stupid remarks like that. But, you can't really change how people think though.

Well there are two different types of ways to make fun of Zelda to me. There are intelligent ways, and unintelligent. Intelligent is made by some one who had played the games and unintelligent is made by some Internet troll who's never played a single Zelda. The last really ticks off. But I'm very much fine with intelligent ones. I think it comes down to one is cracking a joke and the other is insulting the games.

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
I guess I'm lucky because I've only really met open minded videogamers (irl), if they make fun of a game without having played it, I tell them to give it a try, and they do. That usually converts them, or they can continue to make fun of it but in a more enlightened way, which doesn't bother me at all. :)

I do however hate online trolls who just deside a game is stupid because they want to be different.

Last edited:

chris112

ゼルダファンの伝説!
I've never really met anyone who dislikes the Zelda games and make fun of them. And if they do make fun of it, I will either:
A) Get a sword and shield and kick his @$$
:cool: Ignore Him/Her

Probably choice B...

Alot of my friends don't like zelda cuz well there idiots so we always get into huge debates and sadly.... they know very little of what a quality game is. But usually when I see kids bashing zelda on the internet I just ignore it because even if you respond to it they can never understand.

Last edited:
People will always dis-respect what they do not understand(or can not).

But with that said...yes it does it annoys me when people are narrow minded about well something that they have no understanding of, It's not Zelda's fault that there are biggots in the world

Depends. If it's somebody who has played it before who's making fun of its flaws, I'm totally ok with it because everybody who plays Zelda does that. But there's the people who play Call of Duty and Halo who are like, "ZELDA IS GAY AND EVERY GAME IS EXACTLY THE SAME!!" AND NONE OF THESE PEOPLE HAVE EVER PLAYED IT!!!! THAT drives me nuts. I've played all those stupid first person shooter games. They're awful. They're just games with no logic or puzzles or deep emotional storyline where you shoot people. What fun. Especially when they say things like, "Zelda's green clothes are sooooo gay!" that is when I want to punch them in the face. But usually I just say, "Real men have fairies..." because that's what Mido claims at the beginning of Ocarina of Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom