• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Link inherit the unconscious memories of past incarnations?

Guys i think we are forgeting one major element of the game, it was specfily stated in SS that gannon or i guess demise at that point, cursed the three of them to continue to reincarnate and meet over and over again, it wasnt the triforce that made that happen it was the imbodyment of hatred.

so that probbly means that most if not ever link is a reincarnation of the SS link, exept maybe windwaker but thats like what 1 LoZ game out of however many? and even then the triforce links all the links to geather regardless, it is the only constant between all the links and it is probbly a combination of the Reincarnated soul of the hero of legend and the triforce, or maybe they are connected, like the origial soul of the hero of legend is kind of surspended within the triforce of courage and whenever the triforce needs a hero though a combination of Demises curse and goddess magic a soul is kind of cloned from the origial and put into the body of the new link, and then when that soul dies it gets asorbed back into the triforce and the soul in the TFoC now is a kind of amalgimation of all the souls from every past link, and when the current one unlocks the power of the TFoC he gains access to the acumulated knowlage of all the hero's, thus having it both be a form of reincarnation but also have the multiple souls theroy.

He probably gets deja vu. I can imagine Link in BOTW getting major deja vu with so many areas being named after stuff in his past lives.
Link mistakes Marin for Zelda. In the Link's Awakening manual it says she closely resembles Zelda, so it's more Malon was based on Zelda/Marin than the other way around. It's important to keep in mind Nintendo's original context at the time of the game's release.
The timeline is bull****. No offense to you, just have to say the truth. So is the whole "bloodline" thing with Link and Zelda. It's gross, unrealistic as hell, and makes no sense if you really examine it, especially in regards to the eternal cycle that's supposed to keep happening forever.
You are not your ancestors. Nintendo treats Link and Zelda like a combination of each respective one, hence them coming out with "reincarnation" now in SS as an explanation for them appearing in different eras. You can't have it both ways, are they descendants of eachother or the same person being reincarnated? Nintendo literally states BOTH, so I don't take the "explanations" seriously anymore. They know it's BS, which is why they leave anything pertaining to it so vague. You can't explain what doesn't make sense. Hence, there's no right answer, because there ISN'T ONE.
Personally, I go with reincarnation even though there's problems with it. Still, it's the best and strongest explanation; the soul is indestructible, so even if Ganon kills Link/Zelda in one era, they can come back in another. So can Ganon.
The Zelda Encyclopedia states ALL the Zeldas are reincarnations of Hylia, meaning all of them are the same one person. So I guess she's her own grandmother in Spirit Tracks? See what I mean about Nintendo contradicting themselves/not caring about who the Links/Zeldas are?
I can go on and on with the whole Link stuff in TP, too, him being his own grandfather with the Spirit of the Hero in SS, etc. I disregard all of it. The bloodline stuff is just so insane and gross, not to mention incredibly weak. I'm certain Nintendo's going to drop it soon. They already push the reincarnation stuff WAY more, have given far more proof and evidence of it.
So yeah, I do think Link at some point remembers his past lives. So does Zelda for her past lives. And maybe even all the other random people being reincarnated, like Tingle and Beedle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom