• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Link have parents?

bellum

Gamer since age 2
in Oot it says that links mother left him with the kokiri and if he has a mom well he must have a dad somewhere

D

dany.da.drummer

There is a video in Youtube about both of his parents and how he got seperated from his parents. It is actually kinda funny!!! :lol:

In the video,Ganon tries to kidnap him for the triforce, but he fell from the bag and Saria found link. BTW, link was a baby in all of this!!

bellum

Gamer since age 2
even though I"ve been yelled at by people about this theory I"m still gonna post it.

Since the Deku tree said his mom brought link to the deku tree I think that she was secretly the queen of Hyrule, who we know was hylian and probably died in the War, Thus if she was the Queen of Hyrule that would make her link's mother and his father would be The King of Hyrule, and they would be links parents.

Ok go chew me out on this thread I"m ok with it I'd like to see your opinions

mewtwolord

Hello World
I used to think the kning of hyrule was link's father or maybbe the hero of time well Oot pretty much explained what happened to his mother poor link didn't even get to kno his parents just going around stopping mass chaos and destruction.

Hello. I have some questions for anyone who believe he (or she) can help me. What do we know about Links parents? I believe the deku tree in OoT said something about his mother. Did she die? What about his father? Who is he (the father) supposed to be? What about the men he lives with in Alttp and MC? What is his connection to them?

In OoT he did say his mother brought him into the forest to keep Link safe, but she did die b/c of her injuries. He father could have been a guard and had to fight in the kings army, but I'm not sure. As for the old man Link lives with I think that is his uncle. :wave:

Every single Zelda game where Link had relatives, they were his uncle. The only exception is WW, in which he had a grandmother and a sister.

Other than those games, he's always an orphan or living on his own. In OoT he was raised amongst the Kokiri. I don't really know if that means the Deku Tree raised him, or if it was more like he had no parents.

In OoT, his mother is referenced. All it says is that she gave him to the Deku Tree so that he could take care of Link. This was probably so that Link would be safe from the war. I believe it never stated what happened to her, and it never mentioned his father at all.

I've always thought that in OoT, Link was Zelda's brother. But that's just me, and very few people seem to agree. Either way, there isn't any proof.

I know in OoT, the Deku Tree tells Link about his past. I know that his mother sent him to the Kokiri Forest and I have no Idea what happened to her. I aslo have no clue about his dad, but to make an educated guess, back then a lot of men went to war, so i would imagin that his dad was in a war and probably got killed? Oh ya, does Link in PH have a connection with Oshus, the Ocean King?

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
In OOT, his mother was the one I believe who took Link to the forest to protect him, and I believe she died because Hylians can't live in the Kokiri Forest. (Minus Link, who was under the Deku Tree's protection). And I recall that Link's father was killed in the Great War.

In ALttP, the man he lives with is his uncle. I can't remember who it is in MC.

In MC it was his grandpa. You were also right with oot link's parents and about alttp links guardian.
Anyways that may just be a question only nintendo can answer but will wait 20 years or so to let us fight about it until they tell us.

Zarom

The King
The Deku Tree Sprout in OOT tells Link about his mother. (how she escapes the war and entruste Link to the GDT) So, I would say that Link's father probably got killed and his mother succeeded in escaping the ones who killed her husband.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Well according to the actual game of OoT, as many people have already stated, a woman brought a child to the forest to be safe from the war that was occurring in Hyrule before it became a united kingdom. Nothing was even mentioned of his father, I believe.

Now, I remember reading a comic some time ago, that is no way related to the manga, that told of events that happened before Ocarina of Time. According to a Zelda fansite, the comics were published as a special in a European "Club Nintendo" magazine back in 1998.

*Warning! Possible Spoilers Ahead!*

According to the comic, Link's father was a soldier of Hyrule and was killed in a battle that occur in Hyrule Castle Town, I believe. (It's been a while since I've read this so forgive me if I'm wrong about the location of the battle.) Link's mother, along with Link, fled from the battle and she went, under the direction of the owl (can't remember his name for the life of me), to the Kokiri Forest. (Once again, it's been a while since I've read this so the name may be wrong.) He also told her that since only the Kokiri are granted entrance into the woods, because she wasn't a Kokiri, she would be transformed into a plant.

She enters knowing what's going to happen and finds the Great Deku Tree. He allows Link to live in the forest, but his mother dies and is transformed into a tree. Another interesting tidbit, I believe, is that the tree that his mother became is also the same tree that he lives inside of in OoT.

Anyways that's the gist of what happened to his parents according to that comic that I read.

S

Serenia

Yeah,that's what explains that Link is always a good swordsman,that his father was a Hylian knight. Also, a nice theory I've made,that has no actual base but I think it's cute.What about Link's mother was a fairy?And Zelda's another one?That's why they would be alike, without being siblings. And also,being siblings doesn't have a point cause Link's and Zelda's mum wouldn't only take Link! Why would she leave Zelda at the castle and Link in the forest?She would take them both!
i disagree with this. i dont think that people would get confused if link had parents. most of the games take place a LONG time after the previous game so no one should be confused anyway. i think the reason they dont have Links parents is to sort of make him seem like a tragic hero. he lost his parents when he was little, but despite this he went on to do great things.

another thing, i dont think every Link is related to a previous Link, seeing as how in WW, the OoT Link left that timeline right after he saved it, therefor he would have no offspring.

final saying, MC is his grandfather, ALTTP is his uncle, WW is his grandmother, i think in TP he was an orphan, in OoT his mom dropped him off with the deku tree then died.

as for his father, i dont remember where i read this, but each Link (except for WW and PH one in my opinion) is a descendant of a Hylian Knight, so that would explain his fathers origins. his father probably died while protecting the kingdom as a hylian knight.

OotLord1003

Young Link
Well a bunch of family members Grandma from WW, Grandpa from MC, Uncle from ALTTP, buhis parents were mentioned in ocarian of time, his mother was dying after leaving hyrule castle while it burned to the ground, and his father had already died, and she droped him off in the kokiri forest. His mother died in the forest. Mabey they will explain more in the new zelda coming out this november.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom