• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Link have parents?

Hello. I have some questions for anyone who believe he (or she) can help me. What do we know about Links parents? I believe the deku tree in OoT said something about his mother. Did she die? What about his father? Who is he (the father) supposed to be? What about the men he lives with in Alttp and MC? What is his connection to them?

Links father died in a war, and I think his mother died protecting him but I'm not sure...

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
I've just red that he did have parents. His dad died in battle and while a castle was buring his mother rode on her horse to the forbidean forset and fell a sleep under the Great deku tree and died. Then the Great Deku tree raised Link. But thats what I red.

I've just red that he did have parents. His dad died in battle and while a castle was buring his mother rode on her horse to the forbidean forset and fell a sleep under the Great deku tree and died. Then the Great Deku tree raised Link. But thats what I red.
That's (very) roughly correct. The official data was never that specific.

All we know is that Link's mother came to the forest (presumably to escape the war) with Link and asked the Deku Tree to take care of her son. If I recall, it never said what happened to her after that (it may have said that she died, but I'm not sure.) There was no mention of his father.

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
That's (very) roughly correct. The official data was never that specific.

All we know is that Link's mother came to the forest (presumably to escape the war) with Link and asked the Deku Tree to take care of her son. If I recall, it never said what happened to her after that (it may have said that she died, but I'm not sure.) There was no mention of his father.

I just red it in The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Manga book. Thats what it said in there. But ya...>.>

Well I didn't know, But still it maybe and maybe not be true. But until I know for sure I will beleive that story for now.^^
The mangas kind of do their own thing. They take aspects of the game's official storyline and then go their own way. A good example is the MM manga:

It the manga, the bosses are the giants themselves, cursed with a mask that transforms them into a monster (the boss.) But in the official storyline in the game, the bosses are evil monsters who wear masks that have the giants sealed inside.

I suppose some aspects of the manga could work in the canon storyline, but they weren't intended as such. There are many aspects (such as Volvagia being a pet that belonged to Link, or the whole origin story of Majora's Mask,) which were made up completely for the mangas.

In OoT we find out that Link's Mother died taking Link to the Kokiri Forest and got killed trying to escape, Also I think Link's father was mention as a Knight in the King's army

Amelie

Air Dancer
We know for sure OoT Link had a mother... and he must have had a father but... I dont remember is mentioning him. Of course Link has parents though ^^

How else would he be alive! What I would like to know.. is.. where are they? what happened to them? Some of the games answer it though and some dont.

One thing I don't think I mentioned before is when Link does have relatives, they're usually his uncle. Only once or twice was it something closer, like his grandmother and sister in The Wind Waker.

As it's been said a lot before, Link's mother took Link to the safety of the Kokiri forest, and I'm 95% sure that it said she died there. I'm also 95% sure that it never said a thing about Link's father.

But yeah, it seems Link always has either relatives other than his parents taking care of him, or he lives on his own. Maybe that's a part of what being the Hero is. Maybe it's supposed to test him and make him stronger or something.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I started replaying OoT and it says that she died in the Kokiri forest... also, of course Link's afther is Ganondorf(ironically saying, and being a bit sarcastic)... Of course the poor kid has a father, too, the only thing he didn't have was a fairy

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Hello. I have some questions for anyone who believe he (or she) can help me. What do we know about Links parents? I believe the deku tree in OoT said something about his mother. Did she die? What about his father? Who is he (the father) supposed to be? What about the men he lives with in Alttp and MC? What is his connection to them?

well they are all different "links" so it would be quite logical that they have different parents.

Well with OOT, during a war a wounded mother came to the deku treem, and asked the deku tree to take care of link. And the Deku tree sensed a strong fate in the boy and decided to raise him as a kokiri until the time came. And the mother has passed away.
Thats all we know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom