• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Does Link Get the Real Epona Back?

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Okay, it's been a long time since I've played MM, :majora: and I can't remember exactly what the characters say, but did you ever stop to think that maybe Link isn't riding HIS Epona? When Epona and Link are attacked at the beginning, and Link falls down the pit, Skull kid says that Epona is useless and did Link a favor and got rid of her. Later, after finishing target practice with Romani, she gives you Epona's song and lets you have Epona. However, Skull kid got rid of Epona. Termina is a parallel dimension: all the people are the same as in Hyrule, so why couldn't there be another Epona? If Link's Epona is dead, then perhaps the one that Link rides in the game is Termina's duplicate. The only problem I can think of is that Tatl is confused when you see Epona later in the game and she says "isn't that your horse?" instead of "Hey! A horse! Maybe we can use her to get to the great bay!" Anyway, as I said earlier, I don't remember everything that was said, and Skull kid may have said that he was joking. That would make this totally fall apart!

That's an interesting idea. Wouldn't a parallel-Epona obey Link as well as the original one? They both are "gotten" by playing Epona's song and start obey your commands only after you play their song.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I'm a little confused by your OP, but I'll answer the best I can.

she says "isn't that your horse?" instead of "Hey! A horse! Maybe we can use her to get to the great bay!" Anyway, as I said earlier, I don't remember everything that was said, and Skull kid may have said that he was joking. That would make this totally fall apart!

If I remember correctly (and I'm pretty sure I do) Tatl was present when Epona was stolen by Skull Kid, so she's aware of what Epona is supposed to look like. The Epona at Romani Ranch looks exactly the same as the Epona that Link was traveling through the woods with. So whether this Epona is the original is a complete mystery, and I don't think it can be proved either way.

Thank you for the alternative viewpoint, though. I always assumed this Epona was the original, but now I cannot be sure.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I think she was the original Epona, because when you first see her, that very first time, she runs up to the edge of the cage as you run up to her. She recognizes you, just like you recognize her. You weren't taught the song yet, but she knew you anyway. That means she had to have been the real Epona.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I think she was the original Epona, because when you first see her, that very first time, she runs up to the edge of the cage as you run up to her. She recognizes you, just like you recognize her. You weren't taught the song yet, but she knew you anyway. That means she had to have been the real Epona.

Though, she may have seen you as the Link of her time. Plus, she may have just been interested that there was a new visitor. Though that is a good point, in Hyrule she actually ran away from Link when she first saw him.

It is all very confusing when you really look at it. Since there are 3 ingos in MM, so who's to say there can't be another Epona..I assume she is the real one for the same reasons as others before me. She obeys you, and she recognizes you the first moment you see her. I believe it is the real Epona.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
The Epona in MM IS and ALWAYS was the ONE and ONLY the SAME Epona. If the Epona that you find in find in Romani's Ranch wasn't the same Epona, she would have had a different name and possibly a different song for her like a backwards version of Epona's song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom